Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have heard that setting the light further back helps so the glare hits the top of the truck above the windshield rwindshield the hood.

I'm sure that would help. Wheeling as much as I do in the forest lights mounted to roof is not a good idea. What I never understood was driving lights mounted to windshield frame or just in front of it on the cowl. Close to forty years ago went out with someone who had KC Daylighters mounted on the cowl. Reflection on the hodd was awful. Putting out front gives me a excuse to buy ARB bull bars so I have something to mount them too.

I am putting some ditch lights in front of the mirror on Frank's mount, considering some spots there too young augment the bumper lights, switched separately to minimize glare issues.

Bought my truck 4 years ago with new Yokohama Geolander highway tires, just replaced my 3rd tire of this set, 2nd bubble in 1 week and one I put a screw through in October. 3 of the 4 highway tires are new now, and I'm still not in my AT's yet. This is frustrating. Looking to buy a set of BFG AT KO2's in October too. Timing is everything.

I cou
I am putting some ditch lights in front of the mirror on Frank's mount, considering some spots there too young augment the bumper lights, switched separately to minimize glare issues.

l could see those lights being a good setup. I'm actually thinking of trying them out.

I bought these for backup lights and the ditch lights cheap and they throw a good bright pattern:

Amazon.com: Nilight 2PCS 18w 4" Flood Driving Fog Lights Led Light Bar Off Road Led Lights Bar SUV Boat Jeep Lamp,2 years Warranty: Automotive

I need to decide if I'm doing 4x cubes (2x spots, 2x floods) on the bumper or a mix of cubes and a bar. I think 2x flood cubes and 2x spot cubes will suffice and replacement of any failed or damaged lights will be easier...especially since they're only about $10 each.

Ordered new lower ball joints from CBT and picked up some 33's on wheels, which I had painted bronze by the FTB shop.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Laurin, I was eyeing those wheels/tires on CL myself. Great Score! Are they the AR Mojaves? They look great!

200 getting all the attention lately left the 80 needing some love. Into Camelback Toyota for brake system and power steering fluid flush. Thanks to Murf and his crew, the 80 is happy again.

Replaced the front bumper cover on the fj, I cracked it off roading on my first trip out. And replaced one of the vents below the windshield that fell out. Removed the CB and XM radio. Finally getting it detailed in the morning so I can take pictures and get it listed for sale.

Also bought Brices gold 100 and love driving it! Can't wait to take it out on a trail to test out the land cruisers abilities.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

^^^ I had black ones in our fj for 8 yrs. 8 yrs of pretty good hi impact abuse with all the outting's and dogs, no fading, they wear like iron. When we were finally able to get them fully removed, took half an hour as the things fit like a condom, the seats looked show room. I believe the underside has some sort of water resistant material, yet they don't generate swamp ass. You can't go wrong for the price and look. Anyone is welcome to review mine if need be, to help determine if you should order.

Last edited:
Finished wiring version 1.0 of my 100W/100Ah solar battery pack. I'll be working off-grid for the next week but that doesn't mean I won't have cold beer. I could have wired it more professionally but I made rookie mistakes. Version 2.0 will be much better.

l2ZueYH.jpg

NZfnRUY.jpg

I hope.

So far so good. I'd say conditions are 80% optimal for solar and the lowest voltage on the battery in the morning is 13.2V.

On a second note I was brought in to "fix" the installation on. 1.2kW off-grid solar set up. The company undersized the PV breaker and I can't get the inverter to energize. I'm stuck until Monday. :mad:

Recently had the following done: Blacked out original stock rims; OME 2" lift & 315s put on..Thank you jclarke450 for your help! A/C recharged, valve replaced; Tranny pan replaced, tranny flushed; radiator flushed; 4WD serviced; oil changed; A big THANK YOU to murph @ CBT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom