Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broke down 40 miles west of Albuquerque Monday at 1:00 in the afternoon in the '06 (144k). Too long of a nightmare story to tell. Suspected fuel pump. Tried to source parts locally but no luck. Had to leave it there and get a rental to get family home late last night. Will be heading back early AM Saturday to return rental and get it. One of those things.

Broke down 40 miles west of Albuquerque Monday at 1:00 in the afternoon in the '06 (144k). Too long of a nightmare story to tell. Suspected fuel pump. Tried to source parts locally but no luck. Had to leave it there and get a rental to get family home late last night. Will be heading back early AM Saturday to return rental and get it. One of those things.

That sucks, I hope you found a good shop.

@Funner Thanks, yeah real bad. Took it to Lexus dealership to be safe plus Toyota dealer was too busy. Lexus got me right it away at 4:30 but was just too late to take a good look at it.

I literally called 5 towing companies, 5th being the charm that could accommodate transporting my family and an AWD vehicle. on side of road for 2+ hours. Then when decided to come back in rental called about 8 places and none had a single vehicle. Finally Lexus shuttle driver took me to airport and was able to get a Caravan to be able to get all of our stuff back. The rub was I couldn't do a one way rental with it, they need vans bad I guess. But family home safely.

image.jpeg
Finally got around to put the lift and tires on my new cruiser. Happy with the finished product. Now I need to make some bumpers.

Thanks for sharing your story. I may need to add fuel pump to my part list. Please let us know what they found.

Don't forget under the e-brake boot, found .37 in mine.

Be sure to check that open space behind the fuel filler door - @Saddletramp likes to hide spare radiator hose sets in there when nobody's looking!

The 2006 is getting four new shoes (Discoverer AT/3s) and changing out the heater Ts.

No pictures. Finished wiring in my 100 with an Anderson plug for my fridge. Used Leatherique on both the 80 and 100. Leather is softer for sure.

Thanks to @brices123 and @LandCruiserPhil for advice and parts. I still need to settle up my parts debt with LCP.

Similar to @Saddletramp I also installed wiring to the back of the 06 100. I added a Blue Sea fuse block so I can run my ham radio and fridge. Thank you to @LandCruiserPhil for supplying the parts.
I only needed one trip to Ace Hardware to pick up 2 longer self-drilling screws.

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5816-2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom