UC chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wiper switch gremlins, couldn't help him but what a nice 32

32.JPG

Maybe it will be closer to an fj40. Jeep needs some competition.

X2 Rick

What we want and what the general public wants are two very different things. I'd be happy to see a 70 series.

It really does not matter to me as I think my FJC in 06 was the last new vehicle I will buy. I just prefer older iron with the new tech I choose to use.

I have no doubt it will be of unibody construction and likely independent suspension all around. There's just no way they can keep up with EPA standards (mpg) with a heavy, but small SUV. But like Stan says, my FJC is/was the last new vehicle I will ever buy. I'll buy a 10 yr old LC, GX or 4R for DD duty when the time comes.

Heather just bought an 06 Avalon with 90K on it. It's a cream puff. :)
My DD is an 02 RAM 3500 and we have Heather's 95 80 series tagged and insured as well.
I walk to work so a tow rig works for me, town is 4 miles.

Fj60's are backstabbers. Drove mine to work tonight. After sitting for close to a month. Passenger rear brakes smoking like hell. Hoping the e brake is just locked up.

I'm guessing you checked the parking brake and it's off

Yes but it may be locked up in that area. Will see in the morning.

I picked this up off of Craigslist today for $60. A little big but in pretty good shape. Seals up well just needs a little cleaning. Wanted it for storing camping supplies on top of the truck.
20161106_182346.jpg

Drove the cruiser to the gym this morning and came back home to a water leak of some sort. Driver side firewall area. Didn't see it coming from a hose but still not sure. Once it cools I am going to refill the radiator and start it back up. Heat never warmed up this morning even though the temp gauge read half way.

20161107_091357.jpg

Had to have the 40 towed to Trollhole's Saturday morning.....drove it downtown Friday evening and after an hour went to go to next gathering and clutch was out. No fluid in reservoir and when i added more it would drain right out onto pavement.
Tow due to Clutch fail.JPG

Tow truck driver showed me a pic of his dad's 73 Cruiser back in Costa Rica...wow!
Costa Rica 40.jpg

So now 2 of my 3 LC's are at Trollhole's! I swear they act up just to go there to play with all their Toyota brethren!

Had to have the 40 towed to Trollhole's Saturday morning.....drove it downtown Friday evening and after an hour went to go to next gathering and clutch was out. No fluid in reservoir and when i added more it would drain right out onto pavement.
View attachment 1348162

Tow truck driver showed me a pic of his dad's 73 Cruiser back in Costa Rica...wow!
View attachment 1348163

So now 2 of my 3 LC's are at Trollhole's! I swear they act up just to go there to play with all their Toyota brethren!
Don't feel bad in right behind u!

Can't see any hoses leaking. Water seeping from bellhouse area looks like to me.

20161107_103352.jpg

That's the rear block drain. If it's coming from the where it threads into the block that could be a problem as it may be too rotten to remove it without breaking. If you can see if its the plug leaking by tryin to tighten the outer plug. If it doesn't move then it the inner part. If so fill it up and bring it to me. If you break it off trying to get the inner part out it will be a towtruck drive. If it breaks at the shop then you can at least save some money. If it doesn't break it will be a 15 min fix and some new radiator fluid.

Okay, so I believe that the next big thing on my list of things to do is exhaust. Any suggestions for a shop to do the work? I have been following this thread Finally Installed New Exhaust System but no idea if this will work for a 94 as my cat setup is different

Last edited:
Kevin, go to Glenn's there in Seneca just down from big lots. Great guy and knows Toyotas and does a great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom