Transfer case rebuild/ regear recommendations (REQUEST) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm aiming to rebuild my case next spring. 83 FJ60. Currently have a 4spd/stock case/stock diffs rolling 33x10.50r15s.

I plan to keep the 2F/4spd until they blow. It runs great now and hopefully with some preventative maintiance we should be in the clear for a while. Future plans will be LS3/6L80/35s.

I use the 60 for mostly cruising around town but will be using it next year for lots of hunting.

What in the general consenus on regearing the case? Or should I just do a sotck rebuild and call it good?

The ‘usual’ way to get the gearing where you want it is to change the gears in the differentials.

The ‘usual’ way to get the gearing where you want it is to change the gears in the differentials.

With the current market of new t-case gearing options in the last few years this is not really the case any more. At least my experience from selling parts and work

I'm aiming to rebuild my case next spring. 83 FJ60. Currently have a 4spd/stock case/stock diffs rolling 33x10.50r15s.

I plan to keep the 2F/4spd until they blow. It runs great now and hopefully with some preventative maintiance we should be in the clear for a while. Future plans will be LS3/6L80/35s.

I use the 60 for mostly cruising around town but will be using it next year for lots of hunting.

What in the general consenus on regearing the case? Or should I just do a sotck rebuild and call it good?

I would stick with the stock high range for now.
Low range is going to depend on your wheeling goals. Which means go wheel it stock and see if you actually need the lower gears before you spend for them. Since most of the options don’t work super well with your 34mm case anyways.

if i was doing my swap again id do the blackbox from northwest fab. I didnt know about it when i did mine. You can use it as an adapter and its basically a doubler. You do need to run an external cooler and pump for the fluid to cool it but it sure beats just having a chunk of aluminum as an adapter

Thanks for all the advice.

Does the black box significantly increase the overall drive train length?

Thanks for all the advice.

Does the black box significantly increase the overall drive train length?
not really any much more than the adapter youll use for your LS Swap will. For sure do some research on it, its not just a bolt in thing. It needs to be cooled to work right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom