Toyota Spare tyre Carrier from Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know anything about this carrier from ebay? Apparently the cruisers in Japan come fitted with this carrier and the cruisers apparently have built in support within the right rear quarter panel to support such a carrier. If anyone has any info or have had this installed, I'd be interested in your feedback. One of my main concerns is will the carrier hold up to offroad activity? Thanks. here's the link: #2 Toyota Landcruiser Steel Spare Wheel Carrier 1990-98 - eBay, 4x4 Accessories, Car Accessories, Tuning, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Feb-08 11:14:53 AEDST)

Here's the pic:
b71kd7.jpg

ec1ul5.jpg

Last edited:
Seems you answered your own question. There wouldn't be added panel support if Toyota didn't think it necessary. So NO it wouldn't take a beating, probably not last very long on road either.

BTW, this has come up in the past and no one here has been willing to try it without the added support. Though I did hear of someone mounting one and it shows signs of metal fatigue

Seems you answered your own question. There wouldn't be added panel support if Toyota didn't think it necessary. So NO it wouldn't take a beating, probably not last very long on road either.

BTW, this has come up in the past and no one here has been willing to try it without the added support. Though I did hear of someone mounting one and it shows signs of metal fatigue

What he said...:frown:

ok thanks. Somehow I knew that already :D

What do you guys think of this one (from 4wdsystems.com.au).

They're the only ones in Australia I can find for less than $800AUD.

swcgxl8094di2.jpg

swcgxl8094openab7.jpg

swc80undersidess4.jpg

The tire carrier was a standard option on most 80s here in Kuwait! These are 2 pics of the one I have!

2007_01030006-medium.jpg

2007_06140025Medium.jpg

I recon some of these blokes would love a pic of the bracing that "MAY" be inside the panel.
Any chance of a peek in there?

joedm,

Have you look at the Kaymar? Are you in OZ? Here are some Kaymar tyre carrier pix.
land cruise.jpg
tire carrier cover.jpg

I have that tyre carrier on my UK spec 80 ..... It was fitted by the PO without any additional bracing and its holding up fine with a 35" tyre fitted. The bracing is there to add strength when the carrier is open .... as long as you dont hang off it when it is open or drive the truck with it open then I dont see a problem !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom