Thread showing pics of no-flare 80s? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great, what flares are those? How is it without mudflups ?
Thanks! They are Kutsnake flares out of Australia. I wasn’t sure if I would like them, but they have certainly grown on me. I like how the black break’s up the paint. I’m a big fan.
Mud flaps have been on my mind. They would be nice but not necessary. I haven’t had a ton of mud splash on the door, but they would help with that. I’d have to modify the front flaps to work with the sliders.

FWIW, most of the GCC 80s came without flares. Typical example:

1698931017801.png

I like 80s with and without depending on how it’s built. I feel like the without flares they look more NATO style, which I like. But for me I didn’t like rocks and mud hitting the paint. I bought my 80 without flares and decided to install aftermarket flares.

Without:
View attachment 3470936

With: and some mods 😎
View attachment 3470937
View attachment 3470938
After reading this post and seeing pictures of many 80s without flares, i think that just cemented my conclusion that 80s with flares look better than 80s without flares. Of course this is purely subjective. Although I believe having flares is a hinder to wheeling in general is an excuse of poor driving or judgement. Anyways, I appreciate this post and found this super informative.

After reading this post and seeing pictures of many 80s without flares, i think that just cemented my conclusion that 80s with flares look better than 80s without flares. Of course this is purely subjective. Although I believe having flares is a hinder to wheeling in general is an excuse of poor driving or judgement. Anyways, I appreciate this post and found this super informative.
Just join the de-flared club. You know you want to…

I love the look of the front bumper. What are those things below the headlight? Very clean rig!!!

Thank you!

In the bumper? Those are fill plates for fog lights. I have additional brackets that I'll add with the fog lights down the road, just not a huge priority at the moment.

Edit: You may have meant those small black plastic things below the headlight. Those are headlight washer nozzles! Really neat JDM feature.

Thank you!

Those are fill plates for fog lights. I have additional brackets that I'll add with the fog lights down the road, just not a huge priority at the moment.

Edit: You may have meant those small black plastic things below the headlight. Those are headlight washer nozzles! Really neat JDM feature.
Thank you, didn't know they make headlight washers for the 80s. cool features indeed!
How heavy is that front bumper? I love that it is high clearance!!

This lurked under my rear flares

CDB72ABE-03EE-45EB-9EE9-402F690E305B.jpeg

If anybody takes off any / or has any 93-94 flairs, I'd be interested in buying them, I want to reinstall them as the PO did not save them. Color not important but good condition is. Saludos
View attachment 3470387

Now, if that blue paint followed the waist line at top of doors and turned down at the front indicator, that really would give a nod to a 55 piggy

Now, if that blue paint followed the waist line at top of doors and turned down at the front indicator, that really would give a nod to a 55 piggy
You mean like this:
The PO did the paint, wish the flairs were still on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom