The blue whale brings home a pig! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just looking around a bit! :eek:

Just looking around a bit! :eek:
That’s about half the price of what I’m seeing, but it’s not in stock 🥴

I just wave back and say "Thank You", most people don't know any better when it comes to makes and models, just that it's awesome looking. It makes me feel good knowing someone would take the time to even admire it. Now if someone pulled up and said "nice jeep, but should have painted it blue", then I'd be steaming! :)
Man… I spent the summer of 2005 in Las Vegas assembling my 74 FJ40 with my brother after I took it back from BTB.

We got it assembled, running and I got it registered in about two months. It was hot as hell that summer and we were outside.

On my way to the DMV to get it registered I got about two blocks from the house and a guy (a dude!) rolls down his pass side window and says, enthusiastically,

“NICE JEEP!!”

1709786654348.jpeg

Man… I spent the summer of 2005 in Las Vegas assembling my 74 FJ40 with my brother after I took it back from BTB.

We got it assembled, running and I got it registered in about two months. It was hot as hell that summer and we were outside.

On my way to the DMV to get it registered I got about two blocks from the house and a guy (a dude!) rolls down his pass side window and says, enthusiastically,

“NICE JEEP!!”

View attachment 3575924
I tolerate those comments from the ladies, but a guy?!?

One time I rolled up next to a Boobicon and the lady riding shotgun said, "Nice Land Cruiser!" I was impressed.

Quick question about timing cover bolts. The manual says I need 2x25mm, 2x12mm, 4x8mm, and 4x16mm. I have 2x25mm, 4x8mm, and 6x12mm. No 16mm. I know the lengths and locations are important. Anyone got part numbers for all these? I’ll just get all new and I can’t find it online at any of my usual sources.

Also, just waiting for a buddy to stop by next week to weld repair my keyway. I made a copper key to weld against, got the timing cover flattened and cleaned, speedi-sleeved the HB, and installed a new cover oil seal today.

IMG_7564.jpeg

IMG_7566.jpeg

IMG_7568.jpeg

Quick question about timing cover bolts. The manual says I need 2x25mm, 2x12mm, 4x8mm, and 4x16mm. I have 2x25mm, 4x8mm, and 6x12mm. No 16mm. I know the lengths and locations are important. Anyone got part numbers for all these? I’ll just get all new and I can’t find it online at any of my usual sources.

Also, just waiting for a buddy to stop by next week to weld repair my keyway. I made a copper key to weld against, got the timing cover flattened and cleaned, speedi-sleeved the HB, and installed a new cover oil seal today.

View attachment 3589558

View attachment 3589559

View attachment 3589560
Yes, you need to get the right lengths in the right hole. You should be able to just clean those fasteners up and re-use!

Yes, you need to get the right lengths in the right hole. You should be able to just clean those fasteners up and re-use!
Right, my concern was that the FTM calls for 4 of them to be 16mm instead of 12mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom