The blue whale brings home a pig! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recovered both front and rear on one 55 and the front on another 55 w the covers sold by Cruiser Corps.
I purchased some foam off EBay and both are GTG.. bout half the price of what your saw on SOR.. For what it's worth it went much better than I anticipated..

@DTC72 has some sweet seats 🧐🤔😉😘🤣
Thanks Bob !

84F36453-5D35-411C-ADC7-D06B45089FA9.jpeg

If you happen to be in the Chicago/Wisconsin/Illinois area, I’m road trippin a couple hours for this tomorrow. Stop by and say hi because I’ll probably be the only pig there.

Well, I made the 2 hour drive no problem, parked when I got there, and then saw this. s***.
IMG_5351.jpeg

Cleaned off what I could and it looked like the timing gear cover was leaking and blowing back all over. It was still on the dipstick, so I added about a quart and made it home. I stopped every 20 minutes or so and it barely leaked. Last night I was able to clean everything well and take it for a ride. It looks like the bottom two bolts are leaking.
IMG_5406.jpeg

Looking through the paperwork, the PO had the cover replaced a few years back. Searching mud, it looks like it can be a pita job. Apparently the bottom two bolts need RTV on them. Anyone think I can pull the bottom bolts, RTV them, and reinstall? I’m thinking it’s worth a shot before I tear into it.

By the way, the pig made the local news. Luckily you couldn’t see the oil spots underneath 😂😂😂Loves Park auto dealer hosts community event for Toyota, Lexus enthusiasts - https://www.wifr.com/2023/10/22/loves-park-auto-dealer-hosts-community-event-toyota-lexus-enthusiasts/

Looking through the paperwork, the PO had the cover replaced a few years back. Searching mud, it looks like it can be a pita job. Apparently the bottom two bolts need RTV on them. Anyone think I can pull the bottom bolts, RTV them, and reinstall? I’m thinking it’s worth a shot before I tear into it.
Mine leaked there too. One of the bolts in mine was an aftermarket bolt from the PO. A bolt is a bolt right? Only after I replaced with a Toyota bolt from BTB did it stop leaking. Might have been coincidence? No leak now.

Damn, now everyone is going to want one!! Luckily they will be buying Scouts since they don’t know the difference.
A woman at a stoplight the other day yelled “I love your Bronco!” I felt hurt and violated and I’m still recovering from that one.

Mine leaked there too. One of the bolts in mine was an aftermarket bolt from the PO. A bolt is a bolt right? Only after I replaced with a Toyota bolt from BTB did it stop leaking. Might have been coincidence? No leak now.
Looks like the lengths are very specific.
IMG_5425.jpeg

A woman at a stoplight the other day yelled “I love your Bronco!” I felt hurt and violated and I’m still recovering from that one.
Agree it’s like a direct kick in the beans by someone with a big foot!!!

I just wave back and say "Thank You", most people don't know any better when it comes to makes and models, just that it's awesome looking. It makes me feel good knowing someone would take the time to even admire it. Now if someone pulled up and said "nice jeep, but should of painted it blue", then I'd be steaming! :)

Last edited:
I figured I’d throw on some new shocks and steering damper while I’m waiting for the gen-u-wine Toyota seal packing 103 FIPG to cure on my bottom timing cover bolts. Everything I saw online said the OMESD23 fits 40/45/55 series, but it looks about three inches short to me (story of my life). Is thing thing going to have enough travel if I install it?
IMG_5459.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom