Tencha HJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tencha looks great!! You are going to love those new fans. Congrats on the baby boy!!

Johnny did you ever had any issue with your fan plugs .? ( connectors ) .. I got mines from Amazon IIRC and one ( pictured ) it's giving me hard time .. sometimes it does not make good contact .. then left fan not run .. :frown:

if I jiggle it a bit it run ..

I did have a problem with one of my contacts being broken, so I had to get one new connector. Fortunately I found it before I soldered everything in.

When putting the connectors in I had to be careful that I was doing it straight on so I didn't break anything.

Tapage, ¿que xopá, que es lo que es? Tencha es muy bonita amigo!

Jaja, I can't believe in the past 3 years I have been to Panamá 11 times and never once connected with you!

Next trip, I promise! (I'm sure people here would smack me for not doing so already given the chance)

Do you know the cruiser guys from the shop opposite 3M on Tumba Muerte? My friends cousin had the shop next to them... I spent many a night there working on cars while drooling over the cruisers parked behind. Someone there was building a sick 40 tube frame. It's great hanging out in a Panamanian shop, learning all the "good" Spanish... You know, like tornillo, tuerca, broca... And um... quite a few more useful phrases I won't repeat here... :cD

Amigo, Tencha es Ofi...

Luego!

Do you know the cruiser guys from the shop opposite 3M on Tumba Muerte? My friends cousin had the shop next to them...

La Baticueva .. ?

Sure I do .. I used to spend plenty of my sats if not all up there .. Julio's place is one of a kind here in Panama and well known in the local off road scene ..

So you were working in the Alejando's shop .? with Jimmy .?

The tube 40 it's the Julio ( el chino ) project .. now he owns my wife ex 80 .. let me know next time you are around here ..

Last edited:
La Baticueva .. ?

Sure I do .. I used to spend plenty of my sats if not all up there .. Julio's place is one of a kind here in Panama and well known in the local off road scene ..

So you were working in the Alejando shop .? with Jimmy .?

The tube 40 it's the Julio ( el chino ) project .. know he owns my wife ex 80 .. let me know next time you are around here ..

Yup, the batcave! And yes, Jimmy and Alejandro! Alejandro's primo Antonio works for TESA, where we bought a bunch (12) Detroit Diesel engines for our boats, that we built for the canal... So I hang out with Antonio quite a bit.

Wow, small world!

kinda embarrassing .. I have to admit that took me around 8 months this radiator replacement .. did few thinks along but that's no excuse ..

main.php

main.php

the good thing it's I did the way I like it .. manage to correct a bunch of other stuff that I didn't like, some fast repairs I did before and so on .. plenty " while I'm here "

main.php

took her for spin and manage to adjust fans kick in temp at 180°F plenty of powa to keep temps under control .. and still just at 60% .. replace one of the fan connectors that was acting crazy ( kinda pita with the rad in place )

Have to perform a real test .. I mean in the woods .. but right now everything it's working as expected ..

main.php

Next project it's new driver and passenger seat and t-case e-brake .. BTW I create a new thread in the 60 series about it just to have more opinions ..

Hi Tapage

The radiator looks good, and so does Tencha, as always! :)

How do you like the headlights compaired to halogen?

Did you have any issues with these headlights? Did they just plug in and work? No issues?

absolutely not .. trully plug and play ..

How do you like the headlights compaired to halogen?

I like 'em a lot ... less heat, less load on my alt, modern look, real clear, but gotta to admit they put less light than my Warns with 100/90 bulbs ..

I believe there are some pics of light pattern and output right here few pages back .. or here

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota-truck-tech/628931-led-head-lights-2.html

attachment.php

Well .. has been a long postponed project

Was looking for a decent set of seats, I start looking locally for PT Cruiser, Rodeo, Neon, even BMW seats with no luck in a good set with right price .

Well end with set of 2012 nissan x trail set in a good shape and got to admit, those are nothing bolt on .. I mean no even close, despite are pretty tall seats ( about 1" taller than my factory suspension seats ).

So if you have the time to make 'em work ( it took me about 10 hours and I'm pretty slow worker ) and are 6'2" tall with long legs this might be an option for ya ...

%255BUNSET%255D

this it's a first thought position .. altho I had to move back to the lower part of the floor ..

%255BUNSET%255D

final result .. re use the existing seat belt lock and mount in to the sea ( as they came factory )

20131222_135553

20131222_135507

20131222_135419

20131222_135352

seats are exactly what I was looking for ( other than being wide and tall seats ) pretty new and pretty comfy with mild bucket style .. and plus they looks like are pretty easy to took of the cover and wash it .

install new overhead console, it isn't the right shape but it will do the intended job ..

20140223_164044

also and finally finish my long rear brake maintenance upgrade .. get rid of those useless eldo calipers with ebrake and use a set without the e-brake feature .. ( much more simple stuff ) and new brake lines ..

20140223_164010

now I have to much braking powa in the rear :D

So school me in the best path to install a prop valve for the rear line .. ?

I'm looking on this one ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilwood-Pro...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afb51375f&vxp=mtr

just not sure how I will make it match my Toyota lines 10mm X 1 ..?

all comments suggestions are appreciated ..

What calipers did you end up using?

The toyota brake lines are 3/16", so if when you order a proportioning valve, order whatever works with that. My prop valve (which I haven't installed) accepts 3/16 lines and comes with adapters to 3/8" SAE brake fittings, so I can put 3/8" fittings on the 3/16" toyota lines and mate it up.

Make sense?

What calipers did you end up using?

GM brazer single piston .. same sh** but without e brake .. ( breeze to bleed )

The toyota brake lines are 3/16", so if when you order a proportioning valve, order whatever works with that. My prop valve (which I haven't installed) accepts 3/16 lines and comes with adapters to 3/8" SAE brake fittings, so I can put 3/8" fittings on the 3/16" toyota lines and mate it up.

Make sense?

which prop valve are you using .. ?

I have GM MC with have 1/2 and 9/16 ports .. good friend recommends this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilwood-260...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5404bcdd15&vxp=mtr

due to it's piston allowing fluid to go to the front circuit instead of just blocking the rear ..

Realy nice looking rig you got there!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the PSC Power Steering Pump installation?
I am going to ad hydro assist to my HJ60 and my pump is acting up and I feel that a high flow PSC pump is the way to go.

best regards
Joakim

Thanks alot!

I found one picture in another thread but it would be very helpful to see more pics of your installation.

I tried the link to the PSC-pump you used but it did not work. Do you have any more info on that?
Did you use the TC Style pump PSC-SP1200X?

best regards
Joakim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom