Tencha HJ-60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was in debt with few pics ..

20140517_135610

20140517_135407

20140517_135327

I'm in the middle of my t-case rebuild .. and believe found the main cause my oil was " migrating " ( flowing can be more accurate ) from my tranny to my t-case.. probabbly 27 years old idler O Rings ..

%5BUNSET%5D

and while I'm there ( worst disease ever ! ) I'm doing TSM disc brake setup and few extra bits .. will update with more pics later on ..

Yes, I'd like to see pix of the T'case brake and how it holds your biggie tires.

After long time debating best way to solve vacuum pump issue I decide one way 2 benefits .. bite the dust with Hydrobooster ..

Here is the adapter Elliott ( can provide info about .. no affiliation .. just pleased customer ) made to me ..

main.php

I ended adjusting holes coz for some reason my booster have other bolt pattern .. no big deal ...

main.php

It came from Chevy 2500

Here is installed in my firewall ..

main.php

Tapage,
Can you give me more information on the hydro-boost adapter, and what part numbers you used? This is exactly what I plan to do.

Tapage,
Can you give me more information on the hydro-boost adapter, and what part numbers you used? This is exactly what I plan to do.

it's not really an adapter it's just the normal base, welded plate to fit Tencha firewall bolt pattern ..

I use an M1008 model ( Chevy .. yeah I know .. ) came in K30 / K3500 and plenty other applications .. Toy rod it's 10mm X 1.25 keep in mind the bore MC size you are going to use depending on calipers / cylinder size you have right now ..

it's not really an adapter it's just the normal base, welded plate to fit Tencha firewall bolt pattern ..

I use an M1008 model ( Chevy .. yeah I know .. ) came in K30 / K3500 and plenty other applications .. Toy rod it's 10mm X 1.25 keep in mind the bore MC size you are going to use depending on calipers / cylinder size you have right now ..

Thanks for the info. No worries on the Chevy stuff here, this is what is under my hood. I know about the MC size and caliper relationship and that I will have to work that out.

I'm done .. and promise myself no to " fix " anything else that is not strictly ( tricky clause ) necessary .. still need to test it and see how it " holds "

20140927_190639.jpg

Awesome :D

Is that a new e-brake cable or did you shorten the stock one and put a new end on it? If new, where did it come from?

Awesome :D

Is that a new e-brake cable or did you shorten the stock one and put a new end on it? If new, where did it come from?

New e-brake cable .. from @Trollhole actually He wasn't selling it .. thought he order this one as spare for a project, I was just way too persuasive :D and he ( gladly ) end selling it to me .. it's pretty short and if I were in need to do it again I would like to add a foot or so for better routing.

From the last kit I put on my buddy's FJ62, the brake disk doesn't drop lower than the lowest point of the transfer case, so at least you're not losing ground clearance :D

After couple of days " using it " I can tell this is not an e-brake .. it could be a regular parking brake, I mean, will keep your Cruiser from rolling in a 10° hill with pretty force on your parking brake .. but if you are going over 15° .. mmmm not so much ..

I would like ( and I will ) to make a longer leverage for cable attachment I believe that way I would be able to apply more force between pad and disc ..

I still needs to measure the force I'm applying right now to the cabin lever ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom