Tencha HJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great video. Curious, did you disengage the fan before getting in?

I shut off my electric fans before entering the river yes .. I was kinda worried at some point coz the engine temp was drooping fast .. but he held like a well Land Cruiser ..

That river was moving fast!

indeed .. and I should new it better .. it's not my first time, but I was trusting in the guys ( already in the other shore ) info .. that actually was true ( gotta locate those videos so you can appreciate the difference on the river flow and level ) since they made across the river ..

Was just a matter of time .. they didn't, neither I did, how fast it was raising and flow increasing ..

What kind of maintenance did you have to perform after you winched the rig out of the water in order to get the vehicle going again?

right after that .. nothing .. I mean engine was running all the time, and river was down the path so we gotta climb a pretty steep route ( muddy ) so after disconnecting my EDIC relay ( was acting weird, which it's normal after being under water for so long ) I was ready to keep on rolling ..

Another issue was my ARB compressor, blown fuse so I gotta use my spare fuse in my fuse box ( engine bay )

You're brave man, I'd never venture into a river like that.

outside view ..

Soooo glad you got pushed back towards the bank and not taken down stream.

right after that .. nothing .. I mean engine was running all the time, and river was down the path so we gotta climb a pretty steep route ( muddy ) so after disconnecting my EDIC relay ( was acting weird, which it's normal after being under water for so long ) I was ready to keep on rolling ..
Oh, OK...I missed that...for some reason I thought the engine had stalled and was wondering if water had somehow found it's way back up into the cylinders through the exhaust...

Oh, OK...I missed that...for some reason I thought the engine had stalled and was wondering if water had somehow found it's way back up into the cylinders through the exhaust...

I have my intake tested before each trip .. much more if we go out in rain season .. reason why . .:D my only concern at this point was water getting in through the oil dipstick tube .. which wasn't the case .. ( in this specific situation but might happen )

I was thinking the same thing!!

In the very same instant my rear was floating I switch to 2nd ( thought about 3rd but 2nd it's my trust choice .. there it no chance tires can be stop ) rev it up and turn my steering wheel to the shore ..

You can see in the video shortly after I start getting some traction .. if flow wasn't that fast or river that deep I would make it to the entrance again .. but well that wasn't the case ..

In the very same instant my rear was floating I switch to 2nd ( thought about 3rd but 2nd it's my trust choice .. there it no chance tires can be stop ) rev it up and turn my steering wheel to the shore ..

That is a technique I did not know about as the tires would act somewhat like a rudder with the water current pushing the nose the direction you are turned. I've never crossed something that deep. Thanks for sharing.

To be honest Mike, you never want to be in a river that deep and with that much flow .. and this one it's a lesson to me.

I did have good experience crossing rivers even deeper than this one .. but never with this flow .. and I will never do it again.

so in a situation like that is there any preparation to the dizzy like dielctric grease? i seem to think water would short out the points. i dont understand how they keep running submerged. i can see water in through the dipstick! either way that was awesome and scary at the same time.

so in a situation like that is there any preparation to the dizzy like dielctric grease? i seem to think water would short out the points. i dont understand how they keep running submerged. i can see water in through the dipstick! either way that was awesome and scary at the same time.
Its a diesel buddy...no points/plugs.
Can always tape up the dipstick if your worried about water ingress

Ok didn't realize it was a diesel.
Yeah I figured that with the dipstick.
Thank you!

I would not attempt this in a gasser .. ( not that was the best idea in my diesel neither ) too risky..

dude, you thought you could cross that!? You are not even 15ft from shore and it is what 5ft deep? I am guessing in the center of the river it is 6-8ft deep?

Did the inside of the truck flood? If it had wouldn't that have sunk you and made you not float?

2H has o-ring on the dipstick no?

Cheers

dude, you thought you could cross that!? You are not even 15ft from shore and it is what 5ft deep? I am guessing in the center of the river it is 6-8ft deep?

it gets shallow in the middle and shallower on the other shore .. on my side was the deepest ..

Did the inside of the truck flood? If it had wouldn't that have sunk you and made you not float?

hell yeah .. it took several seconds ( probably a minute ) but as you can see things were moving fast !

2H has o-ring on the dipstick no?

have some sort or rubber not O-Rings properly and betcha Jap engineers did not thing in this use when they design it ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom