Tech Day / Wrench Night 2015 (1 Viewer)

Date

• Saturday - March 28, 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Totally ready for another get together!
We will HAVE to go wheeling after Scotts tech day.
All the 4x4play from this past weekend & the actual tech day will have me sporting such a boner for wheeling that I'll prolly shoot a load in my pants just driving down my gravel driveway.

Totally ready for another get together!
We will HAVE to go wheeling after Scotts tech day.
All the 4x4play from this past weekend & the actual tech day will have me sporting such a boner for wheeling that I'll prolly shoot a load in my pants just driving down my gravel driveway.

Thank god Harlan is the week after..... Not to rub it in or anything... :D

So aside from Bills trans rebuild, what projects are we Workin on????

Major sad face!
I don't have my weekend off to come to this event.
We all try to work together at my job for vacations & stuff & I agreed to make concessions to my schedule for a co workers vacation. I just became informed today that I'm giving up my weekend in March for Bob.
He is doing the same for me in June so I can have the weekend for PYS so I cannot bitch.

Alas, Bill, I need to find a way to get you your parts before Harlan happens, correct!??

Major sad face!
I don't have my weekend off to come to this event.
We all try to work together at my job for vacations & stuff & I agreed to make concessions to my schedule for a co workers vacation. I just became informed today that I'm giving up my weekend in March for Bob.
He is doing the same for me in June so I can have the weekend for PYS so I cannot bitch.

Alas, Bill, I need to find a way to get you your parts before Harlan happens, correct!??

Damn Bob! We will drink many drinks in your honor.

Actually, PYS is most important!

Send parts on the Connor express?

No need to rush. Won't put it in before Harland. I need it for PYS though.

Bummed, my trans guy won't be there. :(

Will be sending the parts on the "Conner Express" so at least those will be there for Billiam.
Yes drink many drinks in my honor!

Sorry Bill that I cannot be there for trans help. Want me to send my FSM that way also? Just have John pretend he knows all about trans rebuilds in my absence. I kinda wanted to see one all apart.

I printed out the trans section of the fsm. You won't need to send your along.
I will be taking pics for the build thread, so you got that going for you.

On another note my iron is down enough to only go get bled once a month instead of the every two weeks I have been on.:)

Hey Bill, was just reading through the build thread for the turbo...do you need a wiring harness? I saved all the harnesses from my 86

If you don't need it yes I will take it.

I like heavy metal but apparently it don't like me.
My ferretin level is almost 4 times the max normal level. This is the protein that stores iron.

780aeb46e308870e31c9458bf2bb261b9d7451cde86b60851d2113da33b42ad2.jpg

Leave it to Bill to be 4x the max, must have something to do with awesomeness.

Ok, Billiam, lemme make sure all my connectors & stuff work out with the body swap & then it's all yours. Glad I saved that thing intact.

Trans is perched and waiting for a road trip. image.jpg

s***. I guess I have to grease all my driveshaft splines the 80 series way.

So, it's something on the shaft and here's my second comment. Many people improperly grease their drive shafts with the vehicle in Park and tension on the drive shaft as a result of being on even a faint slope. Why? The joint is held in tension and may force grease to go only halfway around a journal before squeezing out of the dust seal. That's why greasing when the truck's up on a shop rack works best. I do mine in neutral in my level garage and also push the truck back and forth with my legs to line up the grease fittings. It may also be wise if you're using a home pump style grease gun to have it done by a shop with air powered grease guns once in a while. With your grease gun you may notice it unevenly greases by coming out only this or that dust seal. With a high volume of grease there's a better chance it will blow any dried grundgy grease out and fully lube the squeaky joint before it gets bad. Don't let them near the f/r shaft spline grease fittings, though. Seriously. Do these at home - 6 full pumps and be done. Overfilling can extend the shaft like a hydraulic ram and crack the casing on the transfer case.

There you have it.

DougM

[\quote]

Hmmm, I went around and did my annual greasing on Friday.... The fittings on my slips lost an argument with a rock years ago and apparently the rock took the fittings hostage in order to torture and make an example of them to potential future desenters.... so I just move on. Is that bad?

What the fxxx?
Over thinking it just a bit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom