Tech Day / Wrench Night 2015 (1 Viewer)

Date

• Saturday - March 28, 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday - March 28, 2015 from 1pm - ?

I have to make a change in the schedule so we are having the tech date on March 28. I confirmed with John, Bill, Vickie and Tony that this is a good date so I hope the rest of you can make it. And those that couldn't make it before might now be able to attend.
Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Join us for some wrenching, eating, drinking and just hanging out. Food and drinks will be provided and even a small RC rock course. There will be homemade chili as well as brats, burgers and dogs with some pop, light and other. You can wrench or just hang out and sit and watch 4x4 DVDs while shouting out useless advice on how to fix something.

This is only in a small three car garage so most likely only one project in at a time due to the tables and chairs. But it is heated so we will be comfortable and the weather will not dictate anything.

There will be access to a lift (4-post), welder (120v), 20gal. parts cleaner, 20 ton press, some Toyota tools, air tools, hand tools, etc.

Show up for 5 minutes or the whole day.

Go ahead and post up a project that we can work on. So far, we have a transmission rebuild project compliments of Sir Billiam, with a possible second trans rebuilt of Geoff ...

Just PM me for the address and contact information.

If it is anything like the last few then it should be a good turn out and a good time! This year I (we) would especially like to invite our Hoosier buddies (i.e. Ron, Mark, Tom, A.J., Jimmy and Tony, etc.) to this joyous occasion and anyone and every one of you guys can stay at my place if you like. Bill, Vicky and Stanley already put in their reservations.

Hope that everyone can make it!

Last edited:
Looks like I'm off the 28th. Think I might be able to finally make one of these awesome events.
Show me how to have a tech day Scott.

Would also like a place to sleep, couch, chair, floor, sidewalk, roof, someplace!

The trans I'm rebuilding is the R151F. I am also going to replace the common weak points with Marlin's heavy duty billet parts. The only part I'm having trouble trying to find is the hardened redesigned thrust washer.

This will be the fist trans I have ever worked on so fingers are crossed.

Looking forward to this!

The trans I'm rebuilding is the R151F. I am also going to replace the common weak points with Marlin's heavy duty billet parts. The only part I'm having trouble trying to find is the hardened redesigned thrust washer.

This will be the fist trans I have ever worked on so fingers are crossed.

Looking forward to this!

Like wise! I don't know if ill pull the trans and do it there, or just learn from your mistakes and take notes! I'm adding all the same stuff you are, provided marlin has the s*** in stock.

Is anyone good with brake lines, maybe i can drag the 80 rear axle out there and we can burn it into the taco?

I am ten minutes away and have a spare room and three good sleeping couches plus one not so good one....

I call dibs on Johns place. No offense to Scott, but I've stayed at Johns a few times & familiarity is a good thing for me & my mental well being.
Is that cool John John?
Also I have gone through a Muncie 4 speed a time or two, dunno if that translates to a Toyota gear box.
I may bring a 3rd member or 2 for a regear. Just depends on my fundage but I plan to do a taller gear for my mini for better street manners.

Since we stack, a couch should be fine for us....

Tony, of course you can stay here.

Also I have gone through a Muncie 4 speed a time or two, dunno if that translates to a Toyota gear box.
I may bring a 3rd member or 2 for a regear. Just depends on my fundage but I plan to do a taller gear for my mini for better street manners.

Any info or help can only be a good thing. I will have my snap on bearing separator with for the rebuild. This thing is razor thin copaired to the cheap ones.

Mighty gracious of you Mr Scott, Im gunna do my best to make this.
I have some rock sliders i need to install on my '87 buick.

I put 56 minutes of video and pics from PYS VI on a usb flash drive if someone can provide a portable device to view it on.

I'ma gonna go out on a limb and put my money on show for ya Timmy.

I put 56 minutes of video and pics from PYS VI on a usb flash drive if someone can provide a portable device to view it on.

Nice!!! Bring it! If Scott needs, I can bring a laptop, and hook it to his TV in the garage...

I gots a laptop as well that can be used for viewing. Can't wait to see that. I'll go out on a limb & bet there is some rainy footage on the video.

Bill did you need the FSM manual section for the trans? I can print the section out of my taco FSM as i think the r150 that i have is similar to the r151 that you are rebuilding.

I have a FSM in print form that I can bring if needed. It's for the year of truck we'll be working on.

Even better!!

I'm totally stoked for this adventure! Always wanted to attend one of Scotts legen.......wait for it.............dary tech days & I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

On the off chance I can do a gear swap, 4:88 should do fine with 35's for all around use, am I correct? Thoughts?

Please bring the FSM. I did find a PDF file from the FSM for the trans but it would be great to have the paper version.

I would think the 4.88's would be alright with 35's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom