Tech Day / Wrench Night 2015 (2 Viewers)

Date

• Saturday - March 28, 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Factory 4.88s are the way to go! I snag them up for about 100$ when I find them in junk yards.

Got any extras?
I must start looking!

Just my spare...

What junkyards are you finding Toyotas at?? Evreytime I look for Toyota stuff on car-part.com I come up with a goose egg, or stuff that's way overpriced. I know you can haggle them down, but I suck at that and prefer to start cheap and go from there lol!!

I got lucky on the 80rear.

There's an indoor yard in Joliet that has a few things, and I usually have good luck in blue Island

Indoor yard? That would be nice now, do they let you pick yourself? I noticed the ones in Joliet are counter only, but maybe I'm at the wrong yards.

I'm always looking at Row52, it shows a '89 4Runner in Summit right now.

Pink pinion paint is 4:10 isn't it?
I can never find any Toyotas in junk yards either.
But I do want 4:88s. If I cannot find any factory stuff I may have to break down & buy some. Any gear sets to stay away from? any must buys?

Indoor yard? That would be nice now, do they let you pick yourself? I noticed the ones in Joliet are counter only, but maybe I'm at the wrong yards.

I'm always looking at Row52, it shows a '89 4Runner in Summit right now.

Yup, it's across from the old Joliet prison on Collins Street, Ashleys u-pick-a part. It's self serve, and every time I have gone it's been free admission.

Isn't an operating prison a kind of junk yard?:hmm:

Kind of. you dont get to part out the inmates though. That would make the penal system much more profitable.
And the cons at least worth something. I personally would like to see the cons have to grow there own food, and bring back the chain gangs. You know, give them some incentive to want to get out of prison.

Anyway, the old prison would make a cool bone yard!

If prisons sold parts from inmates I would have have bought some stuff over the years. A knee, a shoulder, maybe go in & pick through the tattoos. Look for a pair of awesomely ripped biceps.

I will be there, maybe riding with Tony or vice versa, and bringing a transmission for Geoff and tires for the ginger

Sounds like a plan to me, standard road rules apply. I'll buy the gas & I don't smoke weed, sooooo.........

I told my wife i would be in chicago the wknd of 02/28 for tech day and i get the...."huh, did you forget?".
And of course i forgot we already had plans that wknd in michigan so i am out for another one of Scotts tech daze.

Boooooooo, hissssssssssss!

Maybe next year.

I'll be there. Drink in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom