Saving The Old Rustbucket--My 1982 FJ40 Tale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started reading on a tip a few days ago and your story instantly grabbed hold of me. Honestly though, facing page 1 with 78 pages to go it seemed like a daunting task, of course halfway in I was sure I would catch up faster than I would like. Now here I am among the eager and patient readers along for the ride.

If you keep writing one or both of the following may happen; one is that I may contact the current owner of my dads old FJ-60 and begin the cash fueled groveling process to get it back and restored, or I may need to make that multiday unsupported trek in an unrestored 1964 Jeep with an old pal that we've long talked about....

Thanks Lee for sharing and for the inspiration your writing brings,

Steve and I Get Cozy With The Turtle

Not sure why these pics wouldn't attach earlier. :hmm:
View attachment 598873View attachment 598875View attachment 598876

I had the pleasure of turning a wrench yesterday on my 40 in precisely the spot the turtle was in..

Lee as you know Steve is a great cruiser dude!
I read this thread two weeks ago and it was very serendipitous to work on mine with steve with the images of your post and the words of your great story fresh in my mind.

This community is full of great people brought together with a shared passion.

Here's to the friendships brought about through that shared passion...and to tequila without training wheels....

Both paraphrases of words I have heard and read very recently...;)

A couple of great cruiser dudes....

steves.jpg

Keep that story coming

I'm about to embark on another road trip in one of my Rustbucket 40's but thought I'd pop in briefly before disappearing into the wild. Hope to have a new chapter completed and ready to post by Sunday. Part of it is already written, the rest is in my head. I'll work on it while I'm driving.

Butte landmark M&M for sale: Owner asking $495,000

Well :censor:, first they tear down the Blue Sky Motel, and now the M&M is for sale? What else can happen? Wait, don't answer that.

I've really enjoyed your story! Thanks
Look forward to reading the rest of your adventure.

No, Thank You! And everyone else who's following the tale.

If you keep writing one or both of the following may happen; one is that I may contact the current owner of my dads old FJ-60 and begin the cash fueled groveling process to get it back and restored, or I may need to make that multiday unsupported trek in an unrestored 1964 Jeep with an old pal that we've long talked about....

I say do both. You won't regret it.

I had the pleasure of turning a wrench yesterday on my 40 in precisely the spot the turtle was in..

Lee as you know Steve is a great cruiser dude!....Keep that story coming

Any time spent with Steve is quality time. He's one of my oldest friends in the Land Cruiser community, and possibly the most knowledgeable wrencher.

And fear not, the story will keep on coming. :steer: :cheers:

Many of you became acquainted with my Dad, Army, through this thread, and were kind enough to send encouragement when he became ill, and condolences when he passed. Today is his birthday; he'd have been 94. This pic has been my screen saver this week. It's a photo chop of Army at 34, in front of "The Old Rustbucket."

He was a blue collar kinda guy, and Tucker and I plan to hoist a PBR tall boy in his honor later this evening. Feel free to join us if you're so inclined, and if you're fortunate enough to still have your Dad around, give him a call. It's well worth a few minutes of your time.

Cheers Dad,
Lee :beer:

Army Armstrong and FJ40_10x8-compressed2.jpg

Great Pic

Will do Cheers!!

Commander, In honor of Army's birthday I have changed my avatar to the image of another larger than life figure, Paddy Mayne.

I haven't checked the thread in a while, but I'm glad to see new posts from you, Lee! Eagerly awaiting new chapters. If you need another set of eyes before it goes to print, let me know. I worked as a newspaper copy editor for years.

The WALCS crew met up yesterday to celebrate his birthday yesterday to hoist a pint or two. Here is a pic that @davegonz took of the wagons. Hope you had a good bday evening Commander with your bride!!

10734118_793037730739511_8626920183233908178_n.jpg

Good to catch up the the story....

If you get back here to visit your son, please call and I will take you out for a beer at the Longwood Brew Pub.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom