Saudi 75 Too - Tilda Bogue Service Station (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you can get one fit Old Man Emu's FK58 kit to the brake proportioning valve mounting on the axle housing. It will raise the mounting by 80mm and get the braking substantially better on the disc/drum combination. Generally on a light vehicle like this the spec is the FK51 kit but we find that the FK58 works better and does not lock up the rears.
Got one !!

Took a little break when Red made it home. I made her do an Easter egg search for her birthday presents. While I was hiding her stuff I found one that was missed during the real Easter hunt
IMG_9873.jpeg
IMG_9879.jpeg

Back to work. Fronts installed with extended links. Perfect side for lifted 60/70 series. Auto zone
IMG_9881.jpeg

I usually just toss old shackles and pins but these literally still look new if anyone wants a clean set and some relatively new OEM shocks.
IMG_9880.jpeg

If you can get one fit Old Man Emu's FK58 kit to the brake proportioning valve mounting on the axle housing. It will raise the mounting by 80mm and get the braking substantially better on the disc/drum combination. Generally on a light vehicle like this the spec is the FK51 kit but we find that the FK58 works better and does not lock up the rears.
What’s a good place to order this from that would actually have this in stock?

I normally add 4* to all of my suspensions.

Toyota only has 1* positive caster when everything is perfect.

A leaf spring Chevy Blazer in the 80s had plus 5

Just about anything you do on a 40 will put you in negative caster territory.

There is almost no negatives and all positives to being 1-4* positive caster on a leaf spring vehicle.

Thank you Nolen!

I see that you added a 3* shim in the FRONT suspension. Do you do the same at the REAR suspension too?

Last edited:
Thank you Nolen!

I see that you added a 3* shim at the FRONT suspension. Do you do the same at the REAR suspension too?
I do not. Standard ujoints can easily handle 2-3* It all about steering caster for me in the fronts.

Should I consider these shims for a 2-3in OME lift? Where you do get the shims? Steering tightness is underway with other components, so while I'm there...
I run them on everything and would add them to a stock setup.

1* plus in stock configuration is barely enough.

I get them normally from Valley Hybrids. 4* steel.

After a normal lift I’m usually 2-3* positive which is a great number for a Cruiser.

I run them on everything and would add them to a stock setup.

1* plus in stock configuration is barely enough.

I get them normally from Valley Hybrids. 4* steel.

After a normal lift I’m usually 2-3* positive which is a great number for a Cruiser.
I have 4 degree shims which I also got from Valley Hybrids. They were exactly what I needed to sort out the front end.

I now want to move my front axle an inch forward so I can fit my mudflaps again with my oversized tires. I know moving the axle forward will make it not sit on the shims correctly (no room to drill new holes further back in the shims). What’s the consensus with moving the axle forward on the shims??

I have 4 degree shims which I also got from Valley Hybrids. They were exactly what I needed to sort out the front end.

I now want to move my front axle an inch forward so I can fit my mudflaps again with my oversized tires. I know moving the axle forward will make it not sit on the shims correctly (no room to drill new holes further back in the shims). What’s the consensus with moving the axle forward on the shims??

Get a 4Plus products flip kit. It uses the same as the fj60 front.

Drill your front axle perch out 1” to the rear of the current center hole.

The 4Plus kit is already drilled.

Easy.

I’m sorry I’m confused by this. I thought the flip kit only allows more clearance under the axle.
You can do both with them. The bottom and top plate have places in them to Center the axle or move it 1” either way.

And there won’t be issues using the caster shim either??

I’m also assuming the shock mount is similar to oem and won’t affect upward travel?

PS. Sorry for hijacking!
No problem either way. The way the shock tilts back stock it will be vertical

Someone earlier asked for interior photos. This one is superbly clean. I’m about to add some dynamat to the floors next

This one has a real nice thick headliner versus the 92. It’s quieter in the cab even before the mat.

IMG_9902.jpeg

IMG_9901.jpeg

IMG_9900.jpeg

IMG_9899.jpeg

IMG_9898.jpeg

IMG_9897.jpeg

IMG_9896.jpeg

This interior did not take much cleaning thanks to @Meshal ’s crew. I got the plastic out and dynamat laid and back in. A set of @c2dfj45 floor mats to go with his hood prop kit

IMG_9903.jpeg

IMG_9904.jpeg

Someone earlier asked for interior photos. This one is superbly clean. I’m about to add some dynamat to the floors next

This one has a real nice thick headliner versus the 92. It’s quieter in the cab even before the mat.

View attachment 3611388

View attachment 3611389

View attachment 3611390

View attachment 3611391

View attachment 3611392

View attachment 3611393

View attachment 3611394
Very nice interior. Looks familiar. I was able to get new shoulder seatbelts maybe 4 years ago. I never could find a new middle lap belt.

Just curious if that instrument cluster is original. It should have a tach where the fuel gauge is located. Maybe @Meshal can clarify. Also, my door cards have fabric on the top half that matches the seats. Maybe there was a different version without the tach and all vinyl door cards. Interesting to see regardless.

Very rare to find a '96 that's white. I'm not sure I ever saw one in person but I do recall seeing one or more for sale. Must have been 99% tan imported around that time.

Very nice interior. Looks familiar. I was able to get new shoulder seatbelts maybe 4 years ago. I never could find a new middle lap belt.

Just curious if that instrument cluster is original. It should have a tach where the fuel gauge is located. Maybe @Meshal can clarify. Also, my door cards have fabric on the top half that matches the seats. Maybe there was a different version without the tach and all vinyl door cards. Interesting to see regardless.

Very rare to find a '96 that's white. I'm not sure I ever saw one in person but I do recall seeing one or more for sale. Must have been 99% tan imported around that time.
LX models have the tach and cloth door cards. In fact the next one I have coming actually has electric windows and dual tanks.

Again as we all say, there is never a standard with these things. Thousands of variants.

My FZJ70 has this same simple cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom