Events/Trails ROTM November 18th, 2023: Donuts in the Desert & The Rolls OHV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I should be able to make it.

@TheGrrrrr no way I can make it, picking up my regeared 3rds tonight but still waiting on new spindles + a couple seals.

If you are on the radio i'll follow APRS and harass you on VHF :)

Well depending on how things go today, I might have an extra rig for you to drive.

I think I'm in.

Also, looking at this part of the first post:
"Crossing the Verde River is common provided the release is not more than 225 (CFS). You must cross two areas. This route requires you to visit Watershed Connection - Daily Water Report - https://streamflow.watershedconnection.com/Dwr to check the Horseshoe Dam Release.

When I follow that link, I see this reservoir release data:

1700252196119.png

I'm not going to pretend I understand this data, but 902 > 225. Does that mean I should bring a raft?

Last edited:
Is the Donut thing happening rain or shine? Had planned on dropping by for that but have to get my kid to a chess tournament afterwards so I can’t make the run. Don’t want to run up to Bell Lexus and be the only guy there.

I checked the flow yesterday and it was like 185 but with rain last night and in the forecast for tomorrow, I'll need to work on an alternate option. Just called Bell Lexus and they said Rain or Shine. If we need to audible to a different trail (and it looks like we will) it will probably be either 4 Peaks or The Rolls OHV because they are close-ish. Open to other ideas as well.

I think I'm in.

View attachment 3484270

I'm not going to pretend I understand this data, but 902 > 225. Does that mean I should bring a raft?

Those aren't Horseshoe dam. Trying to find a reading from Horseshoe to confirm. Above Horseshoe at Tangle Creek is 200.

Is the Donut thing happening rain or shine? Had planned on dropping by for that but have to get my kid to a chess tournament afterwards so I can’t make the run. Don’t want to run up to Bell Lexus and be the only guy there.

The receptionist didn't know what I was talking about but asked someone standing nearby and they said rain or shine.

I think I'm in.

View attachment 3484270

I believe the release of concern is Horseshoe Lake at 30. More rain tonight will ensure this trail will be a muddy sloppy mess even if the “crossing” is safe.
IMG_3362.png

I believe the release of concern is Horseshoe Lake at 30. More rain tonight will ensure this trail will be a muddy sloppy mess even if the “crossing” is safe.
View attachment 3484395

Yeah with the rain I'm still thinking of calling an audible and doing a different trail. Any suggestions?

Thanks @TheGrrrrr for setting up the run today :cheers:

I had a great time in a new to me area. Perfect weather and perfect traveling companions.

I did have some carnage though, when I stopped to take a picture of the Rolls map my Taco refused to shift out of park.

I disassembled the shift mechanism in order to get to the park release solenoid and am able to move it by hand so I can shift it into gear.

Something to fix this week. 😢

IMG_3370.jpeg
IMG_3371.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who came out, for being a great group and for all of your flexibility! Don't forget to post up your photos!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom