For Sale Professionally restored fj40 1976 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, you don't see rigs like this everyday. Here is my 1976 FJ40 that I would like to sell quickly. My wife and I are trying to build a house, and I guess this needs to go. You can see the rig, which was posted as "Rig of the Week" a while back.

See:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/263277-rig-week-rotw-january-19th-2009-fj40-1976-a.html

Its better than new and I have spent another 15-20K in NOS parts that have been put on since restoration. I thought I was going to keep it forever, I have receipts that are in the 90-100K range. But essentially everything is new and OEM. Since restoration, I have found a lot of difficult parts, New floormat (not installed yet), radiator, front and back axles, birfields, 1K on speedo rebuild and restoration, tons more. It has less than 100 miles since I got it restored. Doors and everything were taken apart treated and put back together.

Serious inquires only please... these restorations typically cost 90K plus (in addition to initial vehicle cost). I would like to sell in March, best serious offer.

FYI, right now I have the front axle apart and front of rig apart because I am powder coating some parts and installing NOS axles and radiator. It will take me a couple weeks to install these and finish my project. Serious folks can come by and take a look.

I am located in NW San Antonio TX... you can contact me directly at ddoughrt@gmail.com Too many new parts and work to list....
eBay 28 July75 (2).jpg
FJ4022.jpg

Last edited:
Really needs to go... hoping I will find someone considering a restoration, but at a fraction of the cost. I have no regrets, I have had fun searching for rare NOS parts and installing them, it was a nice distraction for a year or two...

Engine is top notch, rebuild by Portland Engine Rebuilders. This is better than new. I have done 100s of hours of additional work replacing many parts with NEW OEM and have replated many parts, the engine compartment is better than even the pictures in the link above. Its gorgeous... no disappointments.

Last edited:
Everything has been done to it. This is a real restoration.

They are in Oregon, check out their website. They do the most complete detailing as far as body work. They have the jigs set up to completely unweld every panel and put it back better than new. All rust is compeltely taken care of. They only do land cruisers and they seem to do 4-5 at any given time.

I can personally vouch for him. I thought I was off the chair OCD anal, yes he's a few clicks off and by far does the best "Metal and body work" you can find as he owns a full out auto body repair shop that happens to do FJ40 resto's

He has done 2 of my friends rigs, one is a member here.

Shane

More Pictures Taken Tonight

Here are some more pictures I took tonight of the engine compartment. Like I said above, I took the front off to install a brand new NOS Toyota Radiator ($450). Also, while I was in there put a brand new harmonic balancer ($500), timing cover and seal ($250), powdercoated the power steering pump cover, installed some pressure reducers in a brand new power steering pump (too much power, wanted to feel the road a little more), new toyota fan, new toyota water pump, new thermostat housing, thermostat, correct Toyota hoses, powder coated the parts of the winch, installed new line and hook.

Also, note that there is a new TOyota starter, oil pump, oil pan, carborator (not rebuilt), new distributer, new alternator, rebuild booster, new brake cylinder. Disk brakes are brand new, and the calipers are new toyotal (not rebuilt). It has correct smog, just got the EGR valve back from powder coaters, it was was painted, but I recoated in ceramic silver high temp, smog pump is rebuild from SOR.com. Note that there is a brand new air rail and purge valve installed (barely see it). Valve cover was also powder coated and installed today. Ignitor and coil are also new.

Also, the correct TOYOTA washer bottle and pump are installed on the driver side, never used, no fluid in it, as well as correct tubing and squirter.

Someone wanted me to list all that was done to it, as you can tell everything has been done to it.
Skid Plates393.jpg
Skid Plates395.jpg
Skid Plates394.jpg

Last edited:
Other Stuff I will finish installing this week

Other parts that will be installed this week.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Put in NOS Radiator today and Air Cleaner (had it repainted)

PUt in the radiator today and air cleaner, probably will put the bib back on and fire it back up. Needs to be timed because of new distributer put in.

Don
Skid Plates414.jpg
Skid Plates415.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom