painting in greenhouse, humidity issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
fellow mud member painting a shop railing in his greenhouse, outdoor temp 44* and cranked the greenhouse heat to 65*

live in Oregon so it's pretty wet, after a coat of Rustoleum self etch and a coat of their 2X hammered finish he says he can scrape the paint off with his fingernail. not tacky though.

I'm thinking by raising the temp in the greenhouse he took the humidity outside of desirable levels.

is he better off applying another coat in the greenhouse at the same temp?

turning off the heat and opening the doors and applying another coat at 44*?

should the paint set up better over time once it has the ability to cure?

It might have something to do with the fact that he painted directly over self etching primer. You can guarantee yourself adhesion problems when doing that. There should be a coat of surfacer primer applied over the etching primer before topcoating. It might also have to do with the fact that he painted a car with rust-o-Leum!

fellow mud member painting a shop railing in his greenhouse, outdoor temp 44* and cranked the greenhouse heat to 65*

live in Oregon so it's pretty wet, after a coat of Rustoleum self etch and a coat of their 2X hammered finish he says he can scrape the paint off with his fingernail. not tacky though.

I'm thinking by raising the temp in the greenhouse he took the humidity outside of desirable levels.

is he better off applying another coat in the greenhouse at the same temp?

turning off the heat and opening the doors and applying another coat at 44*?

should the paint set up better over time once it has the ability to cure?

What kind of heat?
If burning propane, you are adding moisture to the air inside greenhouse.

I think it's electric, but I'll ask him. Thanks poopdick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom