Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428493652.698890.jpg

I know I'm still just upset over it. His words were at least one tire is ruined if not both.

Ok so I need wheel spacers. Spidertrax brand? Anyone know if there's a problem with them working with the OEM rims? Thanks!

I only see 1.5" spacers...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428494904.252792.jpg

I never knew that there was an OEM 4Runner wheel/large tire combo that would not work with a suspension lift! I'd go with the smallest spacers that will work...

Something ain't right...

I can't visualize how that could happen.

If you need smaller spacers, Just Differentials makes hub centric spacers as small as 1". I ran them on my 40 and 100, good as far as spacers go:meh:

Bummer on the ruined rubber. Something definitely don't look right:(

Ok so bear with me on details because all my info I'm getting through messages as I'm in Honduras right now.

To level off the front they have max out the torsion bars on top of the 1" ball joint spacers. I guess he then test drove it without checking on clearance.

He says I need a diff drop and it busted open one of my CV boots.
Quote from him:
Sorry taking so long, 6x5.5 spacers, no hubcentric lip, 1" should work. I also need the front diff drop if you can get those sent also.
End Quote.

Thanks all! I should have waited to be home before I took it up there, but I was trying to rush things and then BLAMMO!

Honduras trip so far is good, but exhausting.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428581140.819792.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428581152.040438.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428581171.000126.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428581236.949512.jpg

We went on a shopping spree!

-Daniel Kent
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428705216.722361.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428705234.144664.jpg

Saw this '87 4R here in Copan and was excited that I won't be the only 1st. Gen 4R here when we move here.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428853390.515586.jpg

Local parts store here in Copan. Yes I got 2 right and 1 left. I have seen them on eBay too.

Have you checked out 4crawler.com?? He makes/sales things like dif drop and ball joint spacers. This is the first I've see of rubbing like that. Wheel spacers may cause rubbing on fenders. I've found smaller ones than an inch. Think I've got or had a set of 1/4". Any longer may need longer wheel studs, but don't know for sure. I think bud built makes a stout front skid plate too.

Ok so had to order a new tank. Apparently the tank was covered in rust and clogging the injection and the fuel rail had rust inside as well. So they are cleaning everything up and racking up my bill. Lol!

Adventure Copan, saw your post in KLf's thread and didn't wanna clutter it up, but what does your runner look like with the OME 2.5" and 31's?

Good idea. Here's a pic:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429570216.302742.jpg

Bigger looks cooler, but I dig mine too! :D

Are there any pictures of the full side of it?

Not right now, but in a week or so I'll be posting up a lot. I'm in Honduras right now and the trucks in Texas at the dealership.

Well have fun down there, can't wait to see more of your runner and how it looks with the tires and lift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom