Our '87 4R SR5 Honduras Coffee/Missions Rig Build... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New tank is in, but still waiting on a new fuel pump/pickup assembly (coming from Canada). The lift looks great imo. The wheel spacers look better than I thought they would.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429989990.920305.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429990004.076233.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429990018.483464.jpg

What tires are you running/ I can't seem to find them in the thread.

Looking like 31x10.5 BFG Mud Terrain KM2

That's what I was thinking.

I MISS MY 4RUNNER!!!! Dealership says the new tank pickup won't be here till Mon. (came from Canada). :(

The pickup (float & fuel pump holder assembly) is no longer made and really hard to find. Apparently Canada is the only place that had it. I found one in Guatemala City as well, but that's even further. LOL

This... (web pic)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430356864.984218.jpg

Got it back!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430503175.044727.jpg

Now to keep working on it!

That is a great looking 1st gen!

Exhaust is hanging low. Might want to have wider exhaust put on and have them run it tight so that it is out of harms way. Shop around as some places really stick you with exhaust work.

I had the exhaust redone already and put 2.5" on. It's low because the bumper I'm putting on will fill that gap. ;)

Last edited:
My rain gutter hoses for the sun roof are clogged and I wanted to change them out. I assume the headliner has to come out. Any experience? Thx!

This is a common problem with the 80-series. Standard fix is to run a piece of string-trimmer line down into the tubes, clear out the clog. Easy-peasy.

Certainly easier than removing the liner! Thanks!

Removing the head liner is a PITA, and it probably won't survive. The plastic is very brittle now and it rips very easily, it's very fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom