original 40's toyota trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

found a few more of the oem toyota trailer... if anybody is looking to buy one... this one is for sale... i believe you need to buy the truck to get it however :)

1001112A20130913W00104.jpg
1001112A20130913W00105.jpg
1001112A20130913W00101.jpg
1001112A20130913W00106.jpg
1001112A20130913W00107.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick look and I see different wheel wells and different ribs in the floor. Could be a later version or a restore. Either way I like the round wheel wells better. Did Toyota offer these with reverse lights?

off topic: Never seen a short 70 series with a FRP top:confused:. Looking at the sliding windows it is modified to fit.

Cool info on the trailers.:popcorn:

off topic: Never seen a short 70 series with a FRP top:confused:. Looking at the sliding windows it is modified to fit.

Cool info on the trailers.:popcorn:

The owner really has a woody for an FRP top. Looks like the cut was made forward of the Landcruiser embossing? :meh:

I wonder if Aqualu could make something similar? Really like it!

X2
That'd be awesome!

Dimensions would be nice, so we could build our own... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Basic dimensions are in post #8 :) ... But .... You probably need more detailed dimensions

Missed them in post 8... Hard to read on the phone :D

A few more measurements wouldn't hurt, but those and the pictures would be enough to take to the local custom trailer shop. I bet they could make something that would look equally good behing a 40... But this weeks ticket wasn't a winner.

The tailgate hinges and the latches look identical to those that came on the 45 pickup trucks.

I think rear reflectors on slow-moving vehicles need to be triangular--not sure if this is totally used worldwide. But interesting how Toyota just simply blanked off a triangular section of an existing round reflector.

Also again noticing the decals on the lower right rear of what appears to be some Japanese writing and a kilogram number. This appears too on the odd-zippered folding softtop discussed in another thread on Mud. Is there some type of regulation in Japan about posting a visible weight rating on the rear of every truck and trailer?

Love that teq/land cruiser decal! Id be all over one if someone made them up...

D

( Is a big shame for me to start the participation in this forum with this post, because this thread is not directly related with the 40 series (my rig since 17 year ago) but I didn’t find any topic with “newbie or Rookie” presentation. I have been reading this forum since… 10 years ago??? or even more….This is a very nice community. )

I would like to share with you guys the first approach of my recently found Toyota T10 trailer.

I think is a 71 or 72 “MY”. It was imported and used by local military and then recently sold in an auction. It doesn’t has the registration plate (center front panel) , missing almost all of the Koito reflectors and the brake system is uncompleted (no underbody cables). It has more than 4 layers of paint!!! Starting with an factory very similar “dune beige ” and after that, many different local military greens… the last layer is the “military to civil blue auction color”.

Before start a restoration process, I am trying to find any information about the brake system and missing tail light & reflectors. I just find some Japanese pictures at the web, many of them already posted in this thread, but nothing else. No underbody pictures (brake system). If anybody has additional technical information about T10 trailer or more pictures I ll really appreciate the support.

Some pics...

IMG_7738_zpsd444c459.jpg

IMG_7756_zps81e209d5.jpg

IMG_7748_zps75320532.jpg

IMG_7745_zpse690885f.jpg

IMG_7754_zps611d7ace.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom