SOLD OH - 79 Series Pick-Up Truck Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AlbertoSD

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Alright, have too many irons in the fire and it is time to thin the herd. I have two of these projects so one needs to find a new home. Selling this project as parts, do not want to split up.

I have a mostly complete 79-series pick-up truck Left-Hand Drive (LHD) project for sale, here in the USA. Below is a short list of what is included:
  • New Take Off (NTO) - Complete LHD body (cab, bed, front fenders, hood, front end including grill and headlights, taillights, headache rack, snorkel, and radiator support). Cab is 2021 or 2022.
  • Used - Complete Late Model Dash including steering wheel, steering column, instrument cluster (every little bracket, connector, and reinforcement bars are included).
  • Used - Seats on the split bench configuration (seats are all complete with tracks and could use some cleaning, but they are all there).
  • NTO - Interior Carpet, interior panels, headliner (pretty much new interior minus seats, and dash).
  • Used - Complete Truck Wiring Harness (includes the complete wiring harness from headlights to taillights (including engine harness for a 1HZ powerplant)).
  • Used - LHD 79-series Frame.
  • NTO - LHD 79-series Steering Box.
  • NTO - 79-series Suspension.
  • NTO - Pedal Assemblies.
  • Used - 5-lug Front and Rear Axles in pieces (with NTO assembled rear brakes).
  • NTO - 79-series Sway Bars.
  • NTO - 79-series Dual Fuel Tanks.
  • NTO - Complete Brake Lines.
  • NTO - Windshield Wiper Motor with linkage and arms
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Asking $15K. Pickup Preferred but can assist buyer with shipping if they coordinate it all.

-Alberto

What were your thoughts on this? Build it on an 80-series chassis? Something else?

What were your thoughts on this? Build it on an 80-series chassis? Something else?

That was one idea. To get measurements, mounts, and brackets from the Used 79-series frame included in the sale and build it onto an 80-series frame.

GLWS with sale!! Ohhh man. If I was not deep into the 45lv build this would be my next project. Looks good Alberto!

GLWS with sale!! Ohhh man. If I was not deep into the 45lv build this would be my next project. Looks good Alberto!
Thank you, Jason!!!

I think it is a good project that could be potentially assembled rather quick.

Thanks for the comment!

-Alberto

I started down this road in Jan 2013 with a proffitts sheet metal system. This kit has SO MUCH of the hard stuff already. GLWS. A buyer will much closer to the finish line.

I just realized it comes with a 79 series frame. Wow. Sounds like the only thing missing is an engine.

The frame is a big part of it as it helps mock up or quick assembly.

I started down this road in Jan 2013 with a proffitts sheet metal system. This kit has SO MUCH of the hard stuff already. GLWS. A buyer will much closer to the finish line.

Thank you, Rick!

I agree. A lot of the hard to find parts are included here. Buyer could refresh the steering wheel and the dash cover fairly easy. The dash brackets, reinforcement bars, and all the other little pieces are hard to find alone.

Thank you for the kind words!

-Alberto

DUDE.

I am in the middle of two of these builds and I can say with 100% honesty that this is a HECK of a deal. So much is here. It is a perfect start for someone.

Yeah... I've been thinking about it, but what I really want is...

1708747592660.jpeg

I'm just heading out the door to talk to my guy there. Thinking I might try to load this on the flatbed 75 and ship the combo over. I think it will fit in a 40 foot. And then have it as an art piece for a time. I don't know how much he wants for it yet.

Alberto, in your assessment, beyond a drive train, what is missing here to create a complete vehicle?

This is really sweet!

Thanks!!

Alberto, in your assessment, beyond a drive train, what is missing here to create a complete vehicle?

I don't think it needs a whole lot. Other than just some small assembly required :)cool:), you will need at least the following:
  • Body mounts
  • Fabricate fuel lines
  • Fabricate some brake lines (I have quite a few of them as NTO, but not 100% sure I have them all)
  • Brake Booster and Brake master cylinder (I might have these used, but I would probably replace them)
  • Front calipers (I don't think I have these, though people use 100-series calipers as an improvement over the 79-series ones)
  • Radiator
  • Driveshafts
  • Steering Bars and tie rod ends
  • Bumpers (front at least, a lot of people run these without a rear bumper)
  • Wheels and Tires
I am sure I am missing something, but I don't think whatever I miss is anything major.

Hope this helps,

-Alberto

• Body mounts
These can be found pretty easy but it takes time to make the hardware set orders. The "T" bolts and rubber mounts for bed are one such set you will have to discover. If you can ask Canadian sources about body mounts for cabs you might do well. Miller Technology, ENS industrial (shop), and Marc/Penny
  • Fabricate fuel lines
I used a set of take off third rear lines from Cruiserparts which they rolled into a box. $110 a set. PAY the extra to have them shipped in a bike box. They are sold each from other dealer sources without hardware. This is best deal.
The second set I bought Via ENS industrial (dealer) 77206-60370 sold as paired set
The primary set I used a hzj76 take off set. sold each
The rubber can be bought from amayama/partsouq
switching valves and mount I got from Cruiserparts. search "
75 & 79 Series Fuel Tank Solenoid" $220
They sent me both valves and bracket cheaper than overseas sources. Their prices have changed but if a buyer is on east coast I would drive up to negotiate but know how much for overseas costs (amayama.partssouq/toyotadxb etc) They also have the 82165-60200 jumper wire for switches.
  • Fabricate some brake lines (I have quite a few of them as NTO, but not 100% sure I have them all)
Mine were intact as donor frame came from ENS (along with complete exhaust, front tank, dash w french/english owners manual)
  • Brake Booster and Brake master cylinder (I might have these used, but I would probably replace them)
Cruiserparts may have take offs. Marc/Penny may also. I would re-kit the master before use as they they have been on shelf for a while. Get a take off clutch kit as well.
  • Front calipers (I don't think I have these, though people use 100-series calipers as an improvement over the 79-series ones)
Again cruiserparts take off $99 each loaded
  • Radiator
buy a new one from Toyota
  • Driveshafts
cruiserparts. Bought both mine take off from there. $199 front $299 rear
rod ends from Kurt /cruiseroutfitters.
factory are c-h-e-a-p-l-y made like 2 mph bumpers. Expect to make something
  • Wheels and Tires
five lug rims are trick.

So if you become a buyer as questions on build forum. You will have MANY hardware purchases, be prepared and make notes.
I had access to ENS industrial shop (not the dealership) and if you can make a trip there you can get new take off dash parts, fan clutch, heaters and ducts, seat belts, wiper arms etc but you must drive to Saskatoon and take cash (no cc, trades etc, and go on a BBQ friday).

My advice is think about your plan in advance.
Put the cab together first. Gray interior is easier stateside than brown. There is dash paint to refresh used but price the small parts new from overseas. Install the dash, cluster (see my thread on tach clusters) wire harnesses (plural), heater, 88510-6A440 is air con blower evap case, fuel tank, seats, seat belts etc). If you want E lockers plan at this stage.
Then bed w spare tire carrier (aluminum rim or steel, mount bolt is different), filler neck (twin tank version) and mount "T" hardware.

What engine and how you want it in the end (gturbo red wheel, 3" exhaust, 4.56 gears- whatever).
What transmission, --R151 is US part and runs smooth, takes a modified split case, std shifters, and THE FLOOR is set up for this transmission
H152 is also US part, you need to make it a 6 cylinder version if needed. The floor metal cover is overseas order (58013-60071) and your floor mat will be different. Just order a new part time t case from Amayama etc. and shifter assembly.

As I said above Alberto has the big items which are harder to ship and find.

Last edited:
  • Body mounts
These can be found pretty easy but it takes time to make the hardware set orders. The "T" bolts and rubber mounts for bed are one such set you will have to discover. If you can ask Canadian sources about body mounts for cabs you might do well. Miller Technology, ENS industrial (shop), and Marc/Penny
  • Fabricate fuel lines
I used a set of take off third rear lines from Cruiserparts which they rolled into a box. $110 a set. PAY the extra to have them shipped in a bike box. They are sold each from other dealer sources without hardware. This is best deal.
The second set I bought Via ENS industrial (dealer) 77206-60370 sold as paired set
The primary set I used a hzj76 take off set. sold each
The rubber can be bought from amayama/partsouq
switching valves and mount I got from Cruiserparts. search "
75 & 79 Series Fuel Tank Solenoid" $220
They sent me both valves and bracket cheaper than overseas sources. Their prices have changed but if a buyer is on east coast I would drive up to negotiate but know how much for overseas costs (amayama.partssouq/toyotadxb etc) They also have the 82165-60200 jumper wire for switches.
Mine were intact as donor frame came from ENS (along with complete exhaust, front tank, dash w french/english owners manual)
Cruiserparts may have take offs. Marc/Penny may also. I would re-kit the master before use as they they have been on shelf for a while. Get a take off clutch kit as well.
Again cruiserparts take off $99 each loaded
  • Radiator
buy a new one from Toyota
  • Driveshafts
cruiserparts. Bought both mine take off from there. $199 front $299 rear
rod ends from Kurt /cruiseroutfitters.
factory are c-h-e-a-p-l-y made like 2 mph bumpers. Expect to make something
  • Wheels and Tires
five lug rims are trick.

So if you become a buyer as questions on build forum. You will have MANY hardware purchases, be prepared and make notes.
I had access to ENS industrial shop (not the dealership) and if you can make a trip there you can get new take off dash parts, fan clutch, heaters and ducts, seat belts, wiper arms etc but you must drive to Saskatoon and take cash (no cc, trades etc, and go on a BBQ friday).

My advice is think about your plan in advance.
Put the cab together first. Gray interior is easier stateside than brown. There is dash paint to refresh used but price the small parts new from overseas. Install the dash, cluster (see my thread on tach clusters) wire harnesses (plural), heater, 88510-6A440 is air con blower evap case, fuel tank, seats, seat belts etc). If you want E lockers plan at this stage.
Then bed w spare tire carrier (aluminum rim or steel, mount bolt is different), filler neck (twin tank version) and mount "T" hardware.

What engine and how you want it in the end (gturbo red wheel, 3" exhaust, 4.56 gears- whatever).
What transmission, --R151 is US part and runs smooth, takes a modified split case, std shifters, and THE FLOOR is set up for this transmission
H152 is also US part, you need to make it a 6 cylinder version if needed. The floor metal cover is overseas order (58013-60071) and your floor mat will be different. Just order a new part time t case from Amayama etc. and shifter assembly.

As I said above Alberto has the big items which are harder to ship and find.

Thanks for the info, Rick!!!

Thank you @AlbertoSD and @rick_d -- this is super useful information.

I am definitely contemplating this. I'd really like a 4 door, but the fact that this is LHD is pretty appealing.

I've been enjoying reading some of the details on your BJ42 build, Alberto. BJ40 is where it all began for me.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom