O R I O N (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another one ready to ship .......

Georg @ Valley Hybrids
image-2764233486.jpg

Another one shipping out tomorrow.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids
image-524709530.jpg

Another one ready for a new home.
070.jpg
072.jpg

#493 ready to be re-installed after my recent input shaft breakage.

image-808618562.jpg

image-3391689861.jpg
image-808618562.jpg
image-3391689861.jpg

Is the input shaft a Toyota part, or AA? What were the circumstances of the break? Just curious...

Mine popped out of high range 4wd going down hill a couple times the other day. I think the shifter hits on the body. :crybaby:

I'd say AA to an automatic trans (note the VSS in the speedo housing), Looks like AAs work anyway. Just a guess.

I thought it was in 2wd and I was going to look cool. But it didn't work out that way.

What is that stout looking ring around the nose cone?

Georg's nose cone saver.

Georg@Valley Hybrids sells those

Yup.

Does it help keep that unit from grenading?

It's steel, so it makes a steel sandwich around the aluminum base of the nose cone. I can't say I've ever seen one break there. Maybe Georg has some pics? I put one on my Orion when I built it. No reason not to do it. They are not expensive.

Thanks guys!
Yes, I came up with the idea for the nose cone saver a while ago after seeing more than one nose cone break off. Since then I've installed them on every Orion I've built and on a few stock cases I've built.
More info here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/245075-nose-cone-savers-one-piece-cruiser-case.html
Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Georg,

Does the Orion Case need to be modified to accept this nose cone saver? Mine has worked flawlessly from day one in my 40!

Merry Christmas!

So I bought an Orion from a mudder, it has the idler gears assembled, do you remove them and lube it or leave it in and finish he assemble

Georg,

Does the Orion Case need to be modified to accept this nose cone saver? Mine has worked flawlessly from day one in my 40!

Merry Christmas!

No mods required. Bolts right on.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

So I bought an Orion from a mudder, it has the idler gears assembled, do you remove them and lube it or leave it in and finish he assemble

AA used to install the idlers. I see no need to remove it. There's an oiling hole in the middle of the gear. Put a few drops of assembly line in that hole. And a couple of drops on each thrust washer can't hurt.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

AA used to install the idlers. I see no need to remove it. There's an oiling hole in the middle of the gear. Put a few drops of assembly line in that hole. And a couple of drops on each thrust washer can't hurt.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Thanks George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom