O R I O N (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished this one. Going into Skillets' rig. Install should be completed later today.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids
image-3747955388.jpg

What's' the adapter for on the front of S'killett's' t-case? And what's the deal on the welded rear bearing cover? Is that a new product? It looks like one of those propeller mounts cut round. We need more info Georg. Skillet-congrats on a really nice item.

I had no idea that Skillet liked apostrophes so much so I added a few extras.

Th350 AA adapter

I upgraded the case to the stronger fine spline shafts

The rear cover looks like a cut up AA propeller style Tcase cross member.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Skillet. Look at the pics on the previous page. Those cases have the stock stamped tin rear cover. Your tcase had a different cover on there when I pulled it apart. So it's back on there. :)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Skillet. Look at the pics on the previous page. Those cases have the stock stamped tin rear cover. Your tcase had a different cover on there when I pulled it apart. So it's back on there. :)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Yea, I noticed it was different...it looked much beefier than stock. just could not make heads nor tails of what they made it out of.

No biggy, looks good to me.

Finally getting this upgrade on the 40! I've been watching this thread for a long time dreaming of finally doing this. Here are my before and after pictures. The H42/Orion 4:1 are now in the cruiser and I am basically waiting for June when the good trails open here in Northern Colorado.

IMG_20140323_163214911.jpg IMG_20140412_183934921.jpg

I have the last ORION HD units. these were complete, just install in and go. it pops out of low and high gear going down hill. I put a bungee on it and that works, except in high gear going down hill. I need to figure what to do for that. I am not tearing that thing out again.

1) "d'animal on here has the last Orion HD. It was built from a standard Orion using the last set of HD components after AA had stopped production and sold the 50 HD units they had built.

2) have you tried to call AA?

3) did you research some of the Orion info/issues on here?

4) have you tried it with the shift linkage disconnected?

Finally getting this upgrade on the 40! I've been watching this thread for a long time dreaming of finally doing this. Here are my before and after pictures. The H42/Orion 4:1 are now in the cruiser and I am basically waiting for June when the good trails open here in Northern Colorado.

View attachment 885987 View attachment 885988

Congratulations Bob!

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom