New-to-me 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick update, I got my 2m radio installed in the LX. I’m very pleased with how it turned out and it feels good to be back on the air. Now I just need to find someone to talk to!

I decided to test the ATRAC and do some poser pics in my driveway. Looks like everything works! It’s going to take some getting used to as I’m used to selectable lockers but I was very impressed. Enough talk, here are the pics:
2012-05-07_13-37-12_794.jpg

2012-05-07_13-35-44_190.jpg

2012-05-07_13-35-17_81.jpg

2012-05-07_13-34-42_558.jpg

2012-05-07_13-34-28_691.jpg

Nice! Seems like a 80(fronts stiff).

Nice, Ive been actually wanting an LX for ages. GL with the build!

Okay guys, I'm about ready to catch up on all the PMs for this thing. Feel free to let me know if I'm missing anything!

• Replace timing belt / water pump / serp belt
  • Replace sparkplugs
  • clean / replace sunroof gasket
  • change oil
  • change gear oil in front and rear diffs
  • Lube driveshafts
  • replace cabin air filter
  • Flush AHC fluid
  • Replace burnt out bulbs
  • Clean blower fan out
  • Clean Throttle body
  • Raise spare tire
  • remove roof rack
  • Remove gold badges

Is there anything that I'm missing or anything I can wait on? Should I be replacing my PCV Valve at this time as well? The LX has 113k miles on it and no known history...

Last edited:
These are the items I think I need to buy. Again, please let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm buying too much!

• Timing belt
  • Timing belt tensioner
  • Right and left timing belt idler pulleys
  • Serpentine belt
  • Serp belt tentioner
  • PCV Valve
  • Water pump
  • Water pump gasket
  • Thermostat
  • T-Stat gasket
  • Crank seal
  • (2) Cam seals
  • Air filter
  • (8) Spark plugs
  • Oil filter
  • (6) drain plug gaskets
  • (4) Roof rack mouldings
  • Cabin air filter
  • (2) AHC Fluid
  • Radiator cap
  • Sunroof gasket
  • (7) qts of 5x-30 oil
  • (2) gal coolant
  • (2) qts 75w-90
  • (6) qts 80x-90
  • Anti-seize
  • Lithium based chassis grease
  • Misc light bulbs

Sounds like you got a couple of nice weekends ahead of you. looks like you got it all covered in there. I'll need to save this thread as mine is coming up for a lot of this soon too.

These are the items I think I need to buy. Again, please let me know if I'm missing something or if I'm buying too much!

• Timing belt
  • Timing belt tensioner
  • Right and left timing belt idler pulleys
  • Serpentine belt
  • Serp belt tentioner
  • PCV Valve
  • Water pump
  • Water pump gasket
  • Thermostat
  • T-Stat gasket
  • Crank seal
  • (2) Cam seals
  • Air filter
  • (8) Spark plugs
  • Oil filter
  • (6) drain plug gaskets
  • (4) Roof rack mouldings
  • Cabin air filter
  • (2) AHC Fluid
  • Radiator cap
  • Sunroof gasket
  • (7) qts of 5x-30 oil
  • (2) gal coolant
  • (2) qts 75w-90
  • (6) qts 80x-90
  • Anti-seize
  • Lithium based chassis grease
  • Misc light bulbs
Your list is missing beer :beer::beer::beer:

Very ambitious list and you'll be well rewarded over the years starting your life with it like this!

Congrats on the purchase! I have the same color and I'm looking for wheels. I like the way your 18s look, very nice!

Great rig.(like mine)

My only recomendation is to get rid of the steel rims. They weigh a ton. You pay for them in acceleration, braking and fuel mileage. Somepeople say they get them so they can fix them on the trail but has anyone ever really had to take a hammer to a rim on ther trail. I would just use my spare tire. Maybe in extreme rock crawling but you have a mini for that. I have never understood the ugly steel rim thing. Too much give for a little get.......

TLC Dan

Thanks guys! The 18" Tundra steelies will stay on until the Duratracs wear out. I have the stock 16" blingtastic wheels that I will be stripping and painting. Those will go on when the time comes and the steelies will be up for sale. Until then, it's not worth changing because of the tires. Personally, I like steel wheels for wheeling but in this application I would rather have the stock wheels back on it (when they aren't chrome).

You mentioned in a list a few posts up doing the 7 pin mod, I don't think that is necessary on '00 models. I know mine doesn't automatically lock the cdiff in low.

question for ya, how do you clean out the sunroof? and to raise the spare tire, I actually went ahead and did the exact same thing, did every single flush, belt and brakes :X set me back a pretty penny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom