New here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. Hoping there's love out there for a kid with an FJ40 and not that much knowledge with regards to fixing it. I have air in my brake and clutch lines and just looking for any golden tips for replacing them and getting my favorite car driving again. Or maybe I don't have to replace them but just bleed them and replace seals? Any links to other people who have done this or other helpful wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Brakes are #1 priority getting these ol rigs roadworthy.
Not a place to cut corners.
Try to find some local cruiser guys(gals) to help you out. Pretty simple system once you get the basics.
Welcome to the madness!

Read a ton of postings on this forum (using search) and you'll learn what you need to know. Posting the year of truck helps, too.

check in the Clubhouse section -click button at top of this page- and find a club close to you from which you can get local help, too

yes, filling brake fluid and bleeding the system would be the first to do

You've come to the right place... What year? Drum Brakes or disc?

I'd make some planss about your desired end ressult. Often disc brake conversionss can be done for less than fixing drum brakes. The end result is a lower maintenance vehicle which is safer. Drum brakes can work well, but they'll always need more attention.

welcome to the addiction ... haven't been here long myself, but there's a ton of ways to make your 40 better i.e. "updates" such as disc brakes and power steering, etc and refurbishments a 36 year old truck (in my case) needs ... I've made a prioritized list and agree with that advice someone gave you ... glad I already have disc brakes, but I can live with "armstrong" steering for now because a 2 1/2" lift is next due to tired suspension ... looking forward to following your build ...
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom