New F & 2F carbs (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I have a tracking number now. They royally screwed me on getting it out. Said they left monday before last but the tracking number says they didn't actually start moving till this monday. I got an excuse about holidays. Which is crazy. FOr some reason everyone in Asia stops what they are doing when there is a holiday. Even Fed Ex.

Don't know what to say guys and gals. I'm sorry.

I will do this for everyone on this batch. The next order which is already coming will have a shipment of carb rebuild kits with them. I'll send everyone from this current batch a rebuild kit to put on the shelf.

Yes I have a tracking number now. They royally screwed me on getting it out. Said they left monday before last but the tracking number says they didn't actually start moving till this monday. I got an excuse about holidays. Which is crazy. FOr some reason everyone in Asia stops what they are doing when there is a holiday. Even Fed Ex.

Don't know what to say guys and gals. I'm sorry.

I will do this for everyone on this batch. The next order which is already coming will have a shipment of carb rebuild kits with them. I'll send everyone from this current batch a rebuild kit to put on the shelf.
I spent 2 years in south Korea. I understand what you're saying completely haha

Thanks Marshall. I figured it was probably due to the Longshoreman issue with the West Coast Ports. In late February, after the agreement was reached, they said it could take two months to clear the backlog. But living in South America I know they have about ten times as many holidays as in the USA. They also shut down for two hours for lunch, including the places that sell lunch!?! Let me know when you have an invoice I can send to my forwarding company to let them know the carburetor is coming. Again, thank you. Lenny.

Carbs are in the US. Will most likely get them monday. Will start shipping then. I might go ahead and start doing labels so if you see a notification from paypal it might just be me creating labels this weekend.

Hi Marshall
Do you currently have any carbs ready to ship or when will your next batch come in?
I need a carb for a 2f that work with the linkage.
Thanks.

Do you sell the rebuild kits too? Are they specific for the carbs you sell or are they generic kits? I bought a 1983 Fj60 stock Aisin carb rebuild kit and nothing worked on the Trollhole carb that I have on my 1983 FJ60.
Ill send you a rebuild kit as soon as they get in.

What on the 83 didn't fit?

@onemanarmy: Refer to post #1436 where the fellow listed the kit he bought that was high quality and worked well.

I bought that kit for the FJ60 from Cruiser Outfitters, based on that post that you mentioned.

Not sure what the piece is called, but the 'plunger' that came with the rebuild kit was too big (the rubber piece was too big) to work with the Trollhole carb.

Also, more than half of what comes with the rebuild kit for the Aisin carb is not needed due to the Trollhole carbs being much simpler. That's why I was wondering if there was a rebuild kit specific for the Trollhole carbs.

@onemanarmy: Thanks for that input, I was preparing to order two of those kits as I have family coming down in June that could bring them. I sort of understand what you are saying. I purchased two kits from Sonny at FJ Parts for my Aisan 1bbl carburetor because I didn't know which one I would need until I took the carburetor apart. One version uses a power valve and the other a step up rod. In that case both plungers, needle and seat, etc. are the same, however the main jet is completely different being much larger thread on the step up rod model.

well I wasn't sure what, if any, would work from the stock Aisin carb rebuild kit for a Trollhole carb. I saw the post that a Aisin FJ60 rebuild kit would work, so I ordered. I'll post a pic or two this afternoon to show what I'm talking about. If you have a stock carb, then the stock rebuild kit should work.

My stock is a 1bbl so I have a new Trollhole carburetor on its way to NYC where it will be shipped down to me here in Ecuador. So I'll be interested in hearing what you come up with. Marshall has indicated he will include a kit with this batch of carbs and maybe that will help me identify which one to order in the future as I would like to have a couple on hand just for insurance.

Marshall I will presume you were responding the post after mine, however, my carburetor is in NYC and is being processed for shipment to me here. I expect to see it somewhere around mid-May. Thanks.

Marshall I received my new carburetor today! The bracket you add for the cable linkage is very professional looking. Thank you. I will send you a message for where to send the rebuild kit as I do not want to use the forwarding company for that item. Again, thank you very much. I will be driving The Beast to Quito, Ecuador on Monday to look at an engine. Fingers crossed it is what he says it is and comes home with me. I think it is Karma that it is a 1983 FJ60 2F. Complete with starter, fan, alternator and of course carburetor which is the one you say my new carburetor is an exact copy of:).

The fellow inherited the FJ60 from his father who bought it new and so he has sentimental attachment to it. The engine was completely rebuilt using Japanese parts and he spent $4,200 doing it. Alas, his wife just can't drive a stick so he had a Chevy V8 crate engine brought down from the USA (expensive!) with fuel injection and automatic transmission. Says he wouldn't recommend that to anyone, lots of headaches. But now that it is sorted out and running well this engine became available for $3,000.

IMG-20150424-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20150424-WA0012.jpg

Little help and advice please. I bought this intake manifold on Ebay two years ago when the only thing I knew about FJ40's was it was going to cost me a lot of money to get my registered. So I sent the manifold and new MAF 6-1 header to Seattle for ceramic coating. Now I am preparing to use (presuming I buy the engine in Quito next week) these items. I set the new carb on the intake manifold and see that I have clearance issues with the tube that is installed in the carb spacer. Cannot face "up" at the rear as it hits the linkage. Cannot face down at the rear as it hits the linkage to the idle adjusting screw. At the front it cannot be installed up as it hits a long rod that passes through the carburetor. My old 1 bbl doesn't have anything like that shaft. Does anyone know what it goes to? I am "assuming" that the tube on the carb spacer is where the PCV hose will attach. I have Dorman rubber caps on the two intake manifold fittings, the larger of which I will presume is used for a power brake booster. Thanks.

DSCN3933.JPG

DSCN3937.JPG

DSCN3938.JPG

Hi Marshall
I bought a new carb from you about 2weeks ago. Do you sell rebuild kits for these carbs,I would like to have one on hand for the future.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom