New 4runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, this section of mud is not seeing enough action! If I can ever get out from under my 8mo old son...I will get some off road pics. LOL!!!
ForumRunner_20120104_180616.jpg
ForumRunner_20120104_180647.png

It's a lonely corner of mud, but people will come trickling in.
Nice looking 4Runner.
Any build plans?

Cool! I'm a fellow Runner driver.

As of right now, no plans. I would like to get a lift (3") and tires....maybe later in 2012 if I can sneak it past the boss ;)

I was looking for a 2005 - 2007 cruiser, and didn't even look at the new 4r's. Once I did, I figured it would be the best of both in size and functionality with the land cruiser type KDSS and terrain stuff. I'm not going to South America in it, so I should be ok. :p

Last edited:
fifthcircle said:
If I can ever get out from under my 8mo old son...I will get some off road pics. LOL!!!

I take care of my son about 80% of the time and have pretty much since he was born so I understand being a stay at home dad cause that's pretty much what I am. :D My little ones not so little anymore as he's 2 1/2 now, almost 40lb's and 3' tall. The doc says he's 97th % in hight for his age and everybody asks if he's 4!

I'll say that men weren't designed to be stay at home, but it's doable. I also wouldn't trade anything for the bond that I have with my boy! It does get easier for you as they become more capable of doing things and before you know it he will be helping you with stuff.

I'm pretty sure the other day when I had to floor-it in my Runner we heard the lil one say "Yeah" as we took off. Awesome times.

Back on track...you will love your Runner! Defiantly get a 3" lift as it makes a big difference in looks and it feels better as well. Does yours have that new auto crawl option above the rear view mirror (the Runner, not your boy)? Lol.

~Daniel

Cool, a fellow SAHD! Yeah, it's NOT easy! Hadest job I have ever had for sure. Talking about going back to work later in 2012. That is if I can get a job brewing beer, or working in a bike shop ;)

I really do want a quality 3" lift, but no plans on actually getting one yet. Might try and wear out the stock tires as fast as I can, and use that as leverage for bigger tires and lift at the same time. You know how it goes :D

Mine does have the crawl control and ATrack selector stuff. Pretty neat, and I can't wait to try it out in some real world (Moab) situations!

I take care of my son about 80% of the time and have pretty much since he was born so I understand being a stay at home dad cause that's pretty much what I am. :D My little ones not so little anymore as he's 2 1/2 now, almost 40lb's and 3' tall. The doc says he's 97th % in hight for his age and everybody asks if he's 4!

I'll say that men weren't designed to be stay at home, but it's doable. I also wouldn't trade anything for the bond that I have with my boy! It does get easier for you as they become more capable of doing things and before you know it he will be helping you with stuff.

I'm pretty sure the other day when I had to floor-it in my Runner we heard the lil one say "Yeah" as we took off. Awesome times.

Back on track...you will love your Runner! Defiantly get a 3" lift as it makes a big difference in looks and it feels better as well. Does yours have that new auto crawl option above the rear view mirror (the Runner, not your boy)? Lol.

~Daniel

fifthcircle said:
Cool, a fellow SAHD! Yeah, it's NOT easy! Hadest job I have ever had for sure. Talking about going back to work later in 2012. That is if I can get a job brewing beer, or working in a bike shop ;)

I really do want a quality 3" lift, but no plans on actually getting one yet. Might try and wear out the stock tires as fast as I can, and use that as leverage for bigger tires and lift at the same time. You know how it goes :D

Mine does have the crawl control and ATrack selector stuff. Pretty neat, and I can't wait to try it out in some real world (Moab) situations!

I've been working from home on our new company in HN and if things continue to progress sometime in 2013 the rolls will reverse at my house. That was part of the agreement with my wife :) that she could more or less retire once we move to HN. We want another lil one, but we're gonna have to be pretty close to reversing the rolls before we really consider it. :D

I've been working from home on our new company in HN and if things continue to progress sometime in 2013 the rolls will reverse at my house. That was part of the agreement with my wife :) that she could more or less retire once we move to HN. We want another lil one, but we're gonna have to be pretty close to reversing the rolls before we really consider it. :D

I followed your sig link..and to Facebook. "liked"
Good luck with everything! Sounds like a cool deal. I am also quite jealous of your beard! :D

fifthcircle said:
I followed your sig link..and to Facebook. "liked"
Good luck with everything! Sounds like a cool deal. I am also quite jealous of your beard! :D

Lol! Thanks and I need to get on there and do some updating!

Have you got to take the Funner out on the trail yet or add any toys to her?
~Daniel

Have you got to take the Funner out on the trail yet or add any toys to her?
~Daniel

Sadly, no. I live in Nebraska, so the trails are at minimum, a full day of interstate driving away. I also have a 10mo old son, so throwing money at the runner isn't going to happen for a little while. Besides that, I have other hobbies where money goes much further (motorcycles, mountain bikes and home brewing).

We did have a nice 13" snow a while back. It was the heavy wet stuff that will get you stuck fast, and totally sucks to shovel. I went out in it and tested the abilities of the 4wd. It's great! I went wherever I wanted, and at one point, going uphill and turning in an unplowed gravel driveway, I had to use 4lo and the locker. I was very surprised with it's ability considering the stock street biased tires!!! With AT's or more aggressive tires, this truck would not have needed to come out of 4HI.

I know my Tacoma, even with the MT tires I had, wouldn't have gone the places I went in the snow nearly as easily. I was pushing snow with the front bumper a lot!
Color me happy :bounce:

We are looking at visiting my brother in law in Denver this spring sometime. Hopefully I can sneak out to the mountains for an afternoon and a couple trails then. Other than that, I need to get back to Moab!!

Yeah well I understand time constraints for sure! Been loading my rig down to the gills and I still haven't made it to a trail either. Some friends are starting to say I'm building a mall crawler! LOL! In due time it'll happen. The wife and I are talking about going to the Lone Star Jamboree here in Texas in April for some trails and camping with our lil boy...but will see what time really allows. :D
Enjoy!
~Daniel

I wasnt sure if this was the right area for a 5th gen 4runner. I spend most of my time on the 80 section with my Lexus LX450. My wife has a 2011 SR5 5th gen. I contemplate everyday about selling the 80 and "aquiring" the runner from her and start modding it for offroad/expedition use.

MAINEFJ40 said:
I wasnt sure if this was the right area for a 5th gen 4runner. I spend most of my time on the 80 section with my Lexus LX450. My wife has a 2011 SR5 5th gen. I contemplate everyday about selling the 80 and "aquiring" the runner from her and start modding it for offroad/expedition use.

Well the potential is there you just need $$$. Lol! I love my 4th gen!

~Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Hello .. new member here signing in from Calgary. I figured I'd start with post here even though my 5th Gen 4Runner is almost 2 years old now. Getting things set-up for expedition travel is a work in progress but here are a few photos:

Current with BajaRack and ARB awning

Last year with Rocky Road Outfitters Adventure rack

pawzitiv said:
Hello .. new member here signing in from Calgary. I figured I'd start with post here even though my 5th Gen 4Runner is almost 2 years old now. Getting things set-up for expedition travel is a work in progress but here are a few photos:

http://www.intveldimages.com/photos/i-xqXVbB6/0/L/i-xqXVbB6-L.jpg
Current with BajaRack and ARB awning

http://www.intveldimages.com/Photography/Pavement-Ends/i-RfhHQfH/0/L/20110820K-5IMGP0504-LR-L.jpg
Last year with Rocky Road Outfitters Adventure rack

http://www.intveldimages.com/Photog...Sptqn/1/L/20110821K-5IMGP0562-Edit-LRBW-L.jpg

Welcome!!!! Sweet rig. :D I think I've seen the last picture here on MUD somewhere...very purty view!

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Have not been a big fan of the 4Runner since the first generation even though my wife drives an '05 but I have to admit that black one is very sharp.:)

Thanks for the kind comments.

I'm not fussy on the looks of the 5th Gen 4Runner either; I hope to be altering the front appearance in a couple of weeks with a winch bumper. I see it as a functional upgrade with a cosmetic benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom