Narrowed 12" 1983 Toyota Hilux hardcore trail truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TA-DA... needs some work

hdcut3-1.jpg

Last edited:
You sir, are crazy.

That is awesome work. Is there 12 extra inches under the hood to still fit the engine and more importantly radiator?

Dan

LOL uh, Thanks!?

Sure there is enough room under the hood. Inner fender wells are close to the 22r but nothing some sheet metal 'massaging' wont take care of. intake sits over inner fender pass. side but really not as bad as you would think.

I am much further on this, I am trying to post up to where I am at right now.
I am going to use my better camera tho.... blurry has no detail blown up.

Subscribed

Yup. You're Nuts - with Skills. I'm diggin it. Subscribed. :beer:

You clearly have fabrication skills that I can only dream about. I looked through the entire thread again and unless I missed it, I haven't seen an explanation as to why you want something that's 12" narrower. Is it tight trails or are you doing it just because you can (which is good enough for me)?

You clearly have fabrication skills that I can only dream about. I looked through the entire thread again and unless I missed it, I haven't seen an explanation as to why you want something that's 12" narrower. Is it tight trails or are you doing it just because you can (which is good enough for me)?

LOL, thanks!

I had to repair the core support and had a bare cab with absolutely nothing on it so I figured if everyones bobbing beds and dovetailing to get the body out of harms way why not narrow the entire cab, 12 inches was logical because I could eliminate 2 of the 6 grille slots and keep it from looking hacked up.

The earlier 79-81 had 4 holes/slots in the grille so it will kind of look unmodified. I competed in tough truck races alot and by narrowing it and moving it and the engine back on the frame it only improves stability and weight distribution while jumping, and also takes a load off of the front axle as well.

it wont be too cramped, I have had a friend hop in and check to see how bad shifting etc would be when you would be driving, my tube doors and half doors will be an asset for sure - with the doors on it is a little closed in feeling

Last edited:
Just make sure you grab the right shifter if there's another guy in the truck with you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom