Lokka Part Time kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
http://lokka.com/site/
Part
TOY-FO-457

$498 For part time kit, with hubs. Still trying to figure out what hubs they ship with? Looks to be $100 less than Marks 4wd kit.

I need a part time kit, or do the DIY special. Just a cheap person looking at options. Any opinions on the kit?

Kit ordered on 12/13/2013

Last edited:
This has me a little interested. If you go with it, definitely do a write up on it.

Pat

I would use Aisin hubs regardless of the ones that are supplied with the kit.

Aisin Hubs are in the garage, lokka kit has been ordered and I have xmas to make it happen.

I got a hold of them last week and they will sell you just the diff spool for 299 shipped! Quite the deal if you have locking hubs already.

Matt

I got a hold of them last week and they will sell you just the diff spool for 299 shipped! Quite the deal if you have locking hubs already. Matt

Good to know. Does this kit require you to used CDL? I'd hate to have to rely on its operation to be able to drive.

Pat

Oh...., I could live with that. I thought you had to lock CDL to drive in 2wd, like when removing a driveshaft.

Pat

I got a hold of them last week and they will sell you just the diff spool for 299 shipped! Quite the deal if you have locking hubs already.

Matt

Damn, ohh well... I just figured I would resale them. I believe I am getting avs hubs.

Subscribed! :popcorn: Im buying the spool also!

Right up plz.... keep us posted...

my 1995 shows to use TOY-FO-458, so for those buying, check your year first. very interested to hear findings and see pictures.

Benefits of fitting a Part Time Conversion Kit:

A saving of between 14 -16% fuel usage (according to almost everyone that has taken any notes and reported back to us) 100% BS

Limits wear on all front end components - particularly the CV joints, CV boots, axle flanges, front splines and differential gears Yes but:meh:

Substantially reduces the drive line 'lash ' most noticeable with rapid acceleration followed by deceleration or poor clutch pedal control on manual vehicles. I agree 100%

Eliminates torque steer under heavy acceleration 80's dont have enough power to get torque steer:rolleyes:

Refines the vehicle and makes it much smoother and more economical.:hmm:

Anyone with a picture of the spool they use?

Anyone with a picture of the spool they use?

Here's mine, can't recall the name of the outfit but this one came from South Africa.

Spool_1.jpg

Spool_4.jpg

Spool_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP, any update on this? How did the install go? What brand hubs came with the kit? Any other comments? Thanks.

I know its a old tred.... I just bought the kit payed $634 for the spool for the center diff with out hubs and a locker for the front shipped. as soon as I get it I will start a new tred with some pics and maybe so install shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom