Just ordered a Bikini top.. what are my tailgate options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recently installed this real steel unit that I purchased from a local MUD member. :)

IMG_3682.jpg

@GA Architect That looks really sharp! I should have held out for one of those.

This is what I did too. They go on sale from time to time. Cheap, does the job. Does not look horrible either.

Here are some better photos of my real steel tail gate. Note, it was modified to accept OEM hinges before before I purchased it.

DSC05182.jpg

DSC05183.jpg

Looks good. When are you gonna get around to painting it? Pair of barn doors came with mine. Chomping to shoot those suckers!

Fiberglass is also an option

Looks good. When are you gonna get around to painting it? Pair of barn doors came with mine. Chomping to shoot those suckers!

After some deliberation, but with the wife input as I'm color blind/illiterate......it is going to stay the color it is.

My air compressor just showed up today, so I'm going to install the manifold and air lines. Then I'm going to mess with my TSC small blasting kit and my HF paint gun. So who knows, I do have the matching beige paint to my 40's body. But I'm going to work with some Cygnus White first.

For those with the CCOT panel, how stout is it? I have been planning on getting a real steel bc I am not a fan of the CCOT one, but am also planning on mounting a gas can or two off the back which kinda defeats the purpose of looking stockish as its covered up. Am I right thinking the CCOT would need boxing in? As reasonable as they are (under 100$ right now), even if that were the case it would be hard to pass up. I will say, running no tailgate has upped my tie down game which is always a good thing regardless of whether stuff will dump out the back or not.

the ccot is nothing more than what you see.
a light gauge sheet metal(guessing something like 16ga) rectangle that has the edges returned and is cross broken.
it's basically a drip pan turned on edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom