Jim S. FJ40 Tuneup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim and Lorna came for a visit, always a good time!:cool:

Rootbeer got some Paki half doors, nice! The paint match isn't great, but better than the pix show.

Also got a matching spare wheel.
2fe_project_209.jpg

2fe_project_210.jpg

2fe_project_211.jpg

Last edited:
Weber Sarge said:
What wheels are those ???? Backspacing ?
Sarge

Those are stock 80 series rims. For the application they are currently fitted with spacers, but IIRC, that will change when Root Beer gets his 60 series axles.

Those are stock 80 series rims. For the application they are currently fitted with spacers, but IIRC, that will change when Root Beer gets his 60 series axles.

I believe spacers will still be needed at least on the front axle. I borrowed a 80 series wheel (94?) from a junkyard years ago and tried it on my FJ62, it still needed a spacer.

I believe spacers will still be needed at least on the front axle. I borrowed a 80 series wheel (94?) from a junkyard years ago and tried it on my FJ62, it still needed a spacer.

That will depend on what we decide to do.:hillbilly:

Thanks guys , just love the look of those factory wheels , some of the best out there in my opinion.
Sarge

Agree, simple, clean, timeless design, perfect for a Cruiser. :cool:

So what are the Paki half Doors? Did you convert a set or is Paki a company?? Looks good - I've seen similar ones on FJ 40 photos from Aussy Land.

LBM

Jim and Lorna came for a visit, always a good time!:cool:

Rootbeer got some Paki half doors, nice! The paint match isn't great, but better than the pix show.

Also got a matching spare wheel.

Not too bad. Purchased a soft top and bows at the same time. They were part of the first group buy to come over.

Saw the doors. They're great, and look like they were born that way.

Agree. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Looks great - very nice indeed!

We seriously need to get Toyota or someone to make those in a 3.25-3.5" backspace , I'd pay some serious coin for a set , or two...
Sarge

Likely would be very big coin! IIRC, they were made by Enkei to a high standard, so $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom