J45 at the german Buschtaxi Treffen 08 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
here some J45 pictures from the german Buschtaxi Treffen, hope you enjoy:

1411701.jpg

1411703.jpg

1411705.jpg

1411706.jpg

1411707.jpg

1411708.jpg

1411709.jpg

1411710.jpg

1411712.jpg

1411713.jpg

1411718.jpg

1411719.jpg

Campers, Hella HID's, solar panel, etc... :eek: These are crazy cool!!! :cool:

Friggin awesome....EVERY last one of them.

Very encouraging to see SO MANY older LC's set up as expedition rigs.

Very cool indeed.

Thanks for posting those.

Friggin awesome....EVERY last one of them.

Very encouraging to see SO MANY older LC's set up as expedition rigs.
Hi Mark,
reason is,
we don`t have such a lot motels in Europe.
In the states you can find cheap motels everywhere, in towns, small villages.....,
so it`s easier to travel with expedition rigs, special for young people with a small budget.
Cheers
Peter

PS. Can`t find an email-adress on your site ? :confused:

Peter:D

I think most of them are self made...like our pop-up roof on our old BJ45, it is a reimo roof for the VW-Bus (see picture in the old 45 photos)

two have been doing a lot of conversions based on J45 in the eighties-nineties (with no internet page):

Special Mobils, he´s travelling now and
P&O Word Cruiser, I dont know what happened to them..maybe they just became old

a friend of mine is building conversions too, mainly with J7 Cruisers ... I introduced his work in the forum
"expedition builds -overseas expedition wheelers..." www.offroad-schmide.com

Thanks for the interesting links!

Another question for you - what's the spare parts availability for 40 series like in Germany? Is your local Toyota dealer of any help at all?

I've been wanting to get a set of genuine Euro-spec side mirrors for a while, but they are no longer available out of Japan.

I´ve been surprised in booth ways, when I tought I get the parts from the dealer it was not available and when I bought at ebay, I could have got it new...:confused:
The lokal dealer doesn´t even know, that Toyota has built nice Cruisers :D years ago....
They might be able to help if you know exactly what you want and if you know the numbers..

There are only few who know better, Martin Többen for instance, a Toyota dealer driving a BJ42 with 13BT, he knows all (?) about J4 and J7 any spec. ...
Autohaus-Többen, Hannover
just give Martin a mail in case

That first pic is almost EXACTLY what my HJ45 used to look like. Even has flat glass that was supposedly replaced in Germany [iron cross logo in the corner] Hmmm.

a.greenspan, thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. Another example of that old expression about necessity inspiring invention.

As for the lack of e-mail accesibility, that is a necessity too. For my sanity!

Best

Mark A.

anybody else notice the rear windows on the troopies? same as late 40s. all the troopie i've seen/own/seen on ebay from down under have the sliding windows.

very cool pics! thanks for posting them. when is this event? and is it pretty much the same time every year? i'm asking because one of these years i plan on taking my family on vacation in austria; "back home". so it would be nice to be able to set up the trip to conicide with this event and one of the formula offroad races. i've been invited to stay with one of the racers so making it all happen in one trip would be awesome.

thanks again. put a smile on my face first thing on a sunday morning......:)

i'm already formulating my travel plans; fly into berlin, visit my sister for a day or two, steal on of peters cruisers for about a week, drive to the buschtaxi treffen,.........

muss aber ein bischen deutsch ueben........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom