Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey fellas

I am a new fzj80 owner here in Mesa
I recently sold my 99 t4r to get something a little more capable. It is going to be my daily driver for a little while as well, luckily I do not have to drive much.

I looked around for about 2 months for a nice cruiser before I pulled the trigger on Robert's(bowtiestang,see link)
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1997-lx450-lifted-and-locked-tucson-az.810673/

I am an Army veteran and I am currently finishing up at ASU. I have been working on cars for 12 years and pretty much do all my own mechanical work and fabricating. I am looking forward to meeting up seeing what this thing can do, although I am confident it is much more capable than I am lol.

I will most likely start a separate build thread for it here in the next couple days. I am telling myself that I will leave it alone for awhile but I am all too familiar with how that goes.

Anyways take it easy guys and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome! Another 80 from bowtiestang :clap::clap:

Hey guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself, name's Kyle. I just got my '91 fj80 just a few days ago, and learned pretty quick about this site. I live in Tucson, and also spend quite a bit of time in Flagstaff. Also an NAU grad. I've been working on autos most my life, but am completely new to LCs, so I'm excited to learn. I typically spend all of my time adventuring outdoors in one way or another, and I'm already loving my 80 for the places it can take me. I'm converting from my first vehicle, a '97 Nissan HB P/U, which I was able to keep running for over 11 years and 265k. Hoping the cruiser will go for even longer. Cheers

Welcome to the site! Obviously there is a ton of info, and better than that help, here. These guys are great and enjoy sharing what they know.

welcome :cheers:

Welcome to the show, Kyle ! We have had our 1992 FJ80 for just about a year here in Flagstaff.

Hey all,
Just recently moved to AZ with my LX450. She started out as a California rig. From there, moved to Colorado where we enjoyed all that Colorado's got to offer as well as made friends with the fellas at Slee Off-Road.
Since moving here, I've gone out to Sedona, Flagstaff and most recently, Marshall Lake.

Looking forward to more trail rides and could use some suggestions on local (PHX) shops.
Also looking to update a few things on my LX. Got a leather kit from the forums for the interior and need a few odds and ends here and there as well so I'll be bugging you guys quite a bit.

Thanks!

14fvg1I.jpg

Roa820k.jpg

Welcome :cheers:

Thank you Mr. Murf!
I've seen your name along with a few others pop up around here as resources - look forward to chatting with you :)

:cheers:

Welcome to town! Uh, Colorado to Phoenix :eek:, I think you are going in the wrong direction chief! You should have stopped 120 miles north of here!!!

Welcome to Phoenix. This group in Arizona has some of the most talented and helpful people across Mud.

Welcome to the club hoon,

It's not white! Amen.

Since moving here, I've gone out to Sedona, Flagstaff and most recently, Marshall Lake.

Used to love going to Marshall lake with the dog. Good memories up there

Agreed - it was a beautiful spot to camp.
After 4 hours, I was convinced that there's no fish in that lake. lol
Marshall used to be great fishing but with the drought conditions its not able to sustain a fishery like it had in the 90s. Very fertile lake though, also sees a lot more anglers than in the past.

yeah it was pretty much just mud a few years back. During the fire that year, we drove the road around to the north and watched it burn. Pretty crazy viewpoint from where we were at.

New guy here. Just got my first Land cruiser today. 1996, locked with a few mods. Bought it from LathamB. Seems to be a great rig! I cant wait to hit some trails and meet everyone.

Congrats on the LC! got pics?

btw - Do you know LongDuck (Tom)? He is also active in the RX7 community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom