I'll never do it again! I promise. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
New to the board.

When I was in between colleges I deciced to get rid of my s-10 blazer and trade it in on a 73 landcruiser fj40. I thought it was great even though it broke a hundred yard away from the dealer. Funny thing it still had "just married" on the back. The dealer never rubbed it off after someone traded it in. I loved that vehicle. Drove it all through my days at Winthrop. It was a little rough but I had no money and did all of the maint my self.

Well for some stupid reason I put it in the paper to sell for 2400 thinking no one would buy it. Boy was I wrong. The 1st peson who resonded the next day bought it. And I had 50 calls over the next day with with the first words out of there mouths was "I'll buy it". At that point I knew I had mad a mistake.

Ten years later I met my soon to be wife. Still wanting a landcruiser but just didn't have the funds. Well my wife took me over to a coworkers house for some drinks. I met this guy named Alex " I think you guys migt know him"who was driving a nice 71 fj40 if I can remember right. Seeing that cruiser made me determined to get another one. He didn't know this but I had gone outside and looked it over pretty thuroughly.

Well a year had gone by and my wife and I decide to get rid of our Touareg and get something more feasible to drive. We have this week gotten a Pacifica . But the great part of the story is I got my LAndcruiser to. I just happened to look on ebay and there was one in easly for sale. I call the guy on the phone. He just got back from Iraq and had just gotten married and needed a new car. I went over and looked at it and just loved it. I ended up convincing him to take it off e-bay and sell it to me. I'm sure most of you have probably seen it. It's not hard to spot. It's Clemson orange. Not my favorite color but that can be changed.

They guy I bought it from did very little to it and he had it for three years. But who ever had it before him knew what the were doing. It has headers, 4 wheel disk brakes, rock guards every where. a soft and hard top. A 9500lb warn winch, 33s and a full roll cage and has a spring under set up. The guy I bought it from also gave me all the original part that were taken off it. Springs, carb and a bunch of other stuff including the original smog setup and the rear heater which is a find.

SO I'll be posting some pictures over the next few days, and asking a lot of questions.. Because it's been a while on owning one. Once he started it up and slammed the door shut, he sold me. Those two sounds are un forgetable. Plus I look forward to meet you guys. :beer:

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome cruiser, especially the clemson orange pait :), You will have to join upstate cruisers ASAP and bring your cruiser to the April meeting so we can check it out. It sounds like it is set up pretty good for some offroading, and the we the Clemson Mafia love to wheel being the young guns in the club. So you will have to make sure and come break your cruiser in right with us one weekend on some local trails.

Congrats on the Cruiser and I look forward to meeting you soon
JP Virgo

I just checked out the pictures...........NICE............ but it is way to clean, you def. have to come take that thing out on the trail with us so you can get some character a.k.a carnage.........

I'll have to agree with my friend and roommate JP that is a nice rig. Can't wait to see it at the april meeting or even at the trash pickup maybe. Hopefully I'll be bringing the pig out that weekend and we can go break them in together. Congrats
Richard

Yeah I plan on joining though I don't know who to get in touch with.

Thanks for the comments. It's still a little rough though.

The part he threw in I'm posting in the tech section to see if anyone can help with them.

orange cruiser

I have seen that cruiser for sale different places for about a year, don't know what it's deal is, it was on Augusta Road in Gville for a few months. Get it looked at. Good luck.

-Travis Brown
Prez. Upstate Cruisers

The issues I know of are mostly oil related. Which I can do myself. It needs a new rear main oil seal, and needs to have the the trany and transfer case pulled to put in new seals to stop the leaks. Other than that I plan on having the head ground and the valves redone. I did it on my last one and it made all the diference in the world.

Plus it's really made for rock crawling as the suspension has a hard time holding the vehicle on the road going around corners. Something I plan on fixing. A lot of people who want a landcruiser wouldn't drive this around town.

Well mongo60 is the prez. of upstate so shoot him a PM on here with your email and so forth and he can set you up............or Gundy on here is the the VP and he can do the same......... I am sure he will post up here shortly

Does the spring over set-up have a traction bar with it? just post in tech about the body roll due to the SOA I am sure the guys can help you lessen the problem..........

JP

Thanks.

I'll post some picture of the setup in the morning. I'm not familar with SOA. So I don't know if it was set up right. But I do have the original springs so I can always put it back to stock.

Trollhole said:
Thanks.

I'll post some picture of the setup in the morning. I'm not familar with SOA. So I don't know if it was set up right. But I do have the original springs so I can always put it back to stock.

Nice. I thought about bidding on that one, but decided it was too far away from me. You should be happy with it.

dang turnkey trailtruck!

Congrats! I looked at that truck a while back.
Looks to be solid. My old lady wouldn't let me get it.
I wanted it pretty bad. Man, that boy is ready for
some Upper Tellico GSMTR action. It's coming soon.
Welcome to the Clan. Bring your beast to a gathering
of it's own kind soon. They love hanging with a horde.
ps: that ain't Moo U Orange.....that's Toyota forklift
orange. I think it even had the forklift gray on it too.
Very nice.
Please forgive the youngsters in the Clemson Mafia
They see orange and just assume it's CU. <flipoff>
Stay tuned for the next horde assembly. :)
David of Pumpkintown VP Upstate Cruisers, STLCA, TLCA # 72I6

Tard

Yes you are a tard...lol.
Now it is a very small world indeed because as you know I started working with this guy called "Alex" before he bought his 40 he just had his 62. After about two weeks of working there he cornered me by the printer and asked me if that was my 60 in the parking lot, I said yes, he hugged me. It was then that I knew another cruiserhead was born. I told him I was in a little land cruiser club...........and the rest as they say is history.

A few years later this other girl I knew was a writer there, her name was Rebecca maybe you know here...haha. She was taking her honeymoon in Yellowstone the same time my buddy and I would be out there. I'll be damned, big as Yellowstone is we ran in to her in the one of the gift shops, her husband gave me a dirty look. Later on her husband bought a 40 and joined the club and I learned his name was "Trollhole."

It's a small world my fellow cruiserheads, a small, small world indeed.

Damn Marshall, 4,000 plus posts in just about 2 years... that's insane. I've been a member for a year and a half and I haven't broken 300 yet!

This is the best thing Marshall has ever said!

lol. 1st post on MUD. I said it was a spring under. Was a tard back then. Lol now that I think about it I'm still a tard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom