How do you remove water spots on windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserkreutz

SILVER Star
Threads
Did a search and was surprised I couldn't find anything on this. I have pretty bad water spots on all my windows except the front windshield (it's new). I Googled and found a possible solution of dipping newspaper in a mixture of water and vinegar, them placing the wet paper on the windows where they will kinda "stick" for a while, then remove and wash with regular window cleaner. I don't want to use anything that will damage the windows, the rubber around the windows or the new paint..... Has anyone tried the vinegar technique or anything else that worked and didn't cause damage?
ForumRunner_20130330_072628.jpg
ForumRunner_20130330_072654.jpg
ForumRunner_20130330_072731.jpg

Most automotive stores carry a spray for doing this. If you cannot find it there then go to a store that specializes in paint and detail supplies for trade professionals.

If however you are referring to the water coming out of your gutter, then I will refrain from being honest about my opinion of your post.

Most automotive stores carry a spray for doing this. If you cannot find it there then go to a store that specializes in paint and detail supplies for trade professionals.

If however you are referring to the water coming out of your gutter, then I will refrain from being honest about my opinion of your post.

Thanks (I think :) bsevans..... I'm sure I can go to a store and get lots of ideas. I am looking for a product or solution that someone has used and had good results with. I'm not sure about the gutter and honest opinion comment. ....?

CLR on a rag could work...

Do not use a scotchbrite pad. It will scratch the glass.

Believe it or not but WD40 does the trick. Don't spray on the glass but put a little bit on a cloth and rub. Afterwards clean with regular window cleaner.
I used it on my BJ40, the headlights of my Daihatsu Terios and on the glass of the shower stall. Works perfect.

Rudi

I used a mixture of water and vinegar to clean hard water spots off large boats. Start with about a 25% vinegar to water mix in a spray bottle and treat like window cleaner. If its jot strong enough add more vinegar. It always makes the windows, gel coat and stainless come out spotless. Also works well on shower glass. Sometimes it takes a couple applications.

I used a mixture of water and vinegar to clean hard water spots off large boats. Start with about a 25% vinegar to water mix in a spray bottle and treat like window cleaner. If its jot strong enough add more vinegar. It always makes the windows, gel coat and stainless come out spotless. Also works well on shower glass. Sometimes it takes a couple applications.

X2

Sent from the islands.

Straight edge razor blade on a 45 degree angle. This removes anything from glass. It will make your forearms burn but it works like magic. Make sure the blade is new though. I do auto glass for a living.

I use equal parts of vinegar and ammonia to approx 4 parts water and use newspaper to dry to prevent streaking.

claybar with glass cleaner as a lubricant.

Looks like I'll try this idea.... Seems pretty popular and I already have all the stuff to do it. Thanks for all the good ideas, I'll post up the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom