hide-a-Gun 6disc CD player mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Idk about inside the CD changer, but in the non Nav rigs that compartment is just big enough for me to reach in and easily grab the handle/grip of my USP. It's also nice and out of sight if I'm ever stopped by an officer they can not see it unless they are inside the vehicle. -always notify an officer if you are carrying or in possession of a firearm when stopped, its a common courtesy and they will appreciate it.

....-always notify an officer if you are carrying or in possession of a firearm when stopped, its a common courtesy and they will appreciate it.

just make sure you dont handle it to show them ... especially by the grip... they hate that :slap:

It's not super easy but easy enough. I have little kids and I need it to be very secure. I didn't bring it with me because I didn't have anywhere to store it. I rather have it a little more difficult to access than not having anything at all. Definitely worth doing

just make sure you dont handle it to show them ... especially by the grip... they hate that :slap:

As I always say...

"You keep your's where your's is, I'll keep mine where mine is."

I've never had a law abiding gun toter break that deal.

They typically don't like to "roll the dice" on who's gonna be faster lol

Sent from my XT1585

Yeah. When I say that I'm typically standing outside the passenger window and I practice my draw alot. [emoji6]

Murph

Yeah. When I say that I'm typically standing outside the passenger window and I practice my draw alot. [emoji6]

Murph
Anyone in a vehicle is at a decided disadvantage for drawing a firearm. You'd have to be a professional/competition speed shooter to out draw even a rookie officers. I don't even think Instructor Zero could be fast enough. Still again most people are smart enough not to roll the dice -even if you win, you will lose.

Sent from my XT1585

True story. We do appreciate when someone lets us know if there's another gun on the stop. Those are typically the people we don't have to worry about.

You touched on a good point about where someone carries stores there firearm while in a vehicle. We need to make sure it is easily accessible for a quick draw if the need arises. And we need to practice drawing from our preferred location while sitting in the vehicle.

Murph

All of this is good advice my problem is little kids in the car. So if I'm on a long trip I'll take the lock off of it but that it stays locked inside the hidden CD holder.

I have two small kids and I have found that teaching them and exposing them to firearms has been greatly beneficial. For one it takes away their natural curiosity about them, and two, kids(people really) want what they can't have... If you give it to them or don't make it taboo then it becomes almost mundane and boring. I have instilled respect of firearms into my kids from day one, maybe a little too hard, but they know daddy is always carrying one, and they know if they ever find one, to not touch it and immediately notify a adult. I leave my pistols laying around the house (unloaded -no magazine in or around them) mainly to test them and see if they will come tell mom or dad, or see if they will touch it and look at it. S0 far they have never touched it(probably because I have scared the living piss out of them telling them what I'd do if I ever caught them touching one without mom or dad saying its OK).

We take them shooting regularly, and have a 10-22 that I let them shoot, with help a guidance from me or mom. But then it comes to the truck and where my spare pistol is, I tend to not let them know about that one, they can't see it, and don't need to know its there, but I feel confident that if they did ever find it in there for what ever reason they would leave it alone.

Personally I believe safety's get people killed A; too many people just assume or believe it's on "safe" and don't practice good safety when handling one and end up shooting themselves or someone else, or you need to use it and that extra moment when you have to remove the safety is when you are killed. If your gun goes into your hands IMO its ready to rock n roll otherwise it should be holstered or put away. I also have this same line of thought for locks(cable, trigger ect) idea, it gives people a false sense of security. Why lock it? Because you don't want someone else using it/taking it? Well thieves will still take a "locked" firearm. You lock it because you feel its safer, unload it and keep the ammo away from it, in a box on a different shelf... But a lock on a firearm is just like a lock on anything else it just keeps honest people honest, and slows you down.

I'm not dogging on anyone here who has a lock on their gun, I'm just simply freely giving my insight to what I have witnesded and experienced from the military to LE to civilian life... Education and training/familiarization are the best tools, and can never be substituted.

Sent from my XT1585

Last edited:
Your better off locking the glove box it self if your concerned about it. That way a thief will not know its there, and probably won't take the time to break into it, most are opportunists and will take whats easy and convenient. A gun with lock on it, is easy to take (he/she can get the lock off later at a place of his choosing with the right tools) most people only carry personal info in the glove box, ie name, address, that sorta thing. Stuff that is easier stolen from a mail box that's not locked. Breaking a window is easy, its not quite as easy to get into a locked glove box -and most people put pistols under the seat or in the center console... So I think you are pretty safe with the fake CD player and locking the glove box. -nobody steals CDs anymore unless they are like 10, and those kids dont have the experience to get into a locked glove box, but believe me if they got the opportunity(unlocked glove box) to get their hands on a pistol... Yeah it's gone and hawked for $100 before you know its gone. -do you check the CD case every time you get into your truck? If so great, but I'm willing to bet you have forgotten a time or two. But if you see your dash pried open your probably gonna check first thing

people for the most part dont steal what they cant see. most vehicles that are broken into are broken into because someone left something in open sight that attracted the attention of a would-be thief. a locked glove box they wont spend time one, and will move on. but an unlocked glove box and they find a weapon(even if its locked) that is gone, because now they know what it is, and to them its worth the time and effort invested later to get that lock off the gun.

Sent from my XT1585

Last edited:
I don't have the 6 disk changer, so I mounted a holster in that area, lets me pull the gun straight out and the I will mount a couple of clip holders.
IMG_1688.jpg

Old thread, but I figured best to post here. Has anyone installed a lock on the CD changer? I took mine out yesterday after installing a Tesla head unit and remembered seeing someone use the shell for the purposes listed here. I would like to figure out a way to lock it when I am not in the vehicle.

I might do this. Have no use of the changer.

I want to remove my CD changer. The replacement plastic compartment only come together with lower glove compartment. It cost $250.

P/N 55509-60050 or 55509-60030

I might do this. Have no use of the changer.

I want to remove my CD changer. The replacement plastic compartment only come together with lower glove compartment. It cost $250.

P/N 55509-60050 or 55509-60030

Just take the CD changer out and you will have space. I am going to gut the cd changer and have a hidden compartment.

I am going to gut the cd changer and have a hidden compartment.

This is what I did. Took the cd-changer apart, completely gutted it, covered the inside of it with a stick-on rubbery-foamy insulation, and put it back together. Works great to keep various items out of sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom