Hello... meet my new obsession! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I paid an old friend to paint it. He owns a shop that has won multiple awards for car show quality paint jobs. He's doing this one for $6K. Still needs to be buffed and cured, but it's almost done. Woohoo!

Last edited:
Just read through this thread. Very nice. It's going to be a beautiful truck.

Almost there... It won't be too much longer until Uncle Buck is ready to roll!
image_1.jpeg

Good looking ride. I'm new here as well, and this forum is excellent for help. I've done several items on my own/with the help of the collective knowledge of the group. I've got the same wheels on my 86 FJ60 (Lucy Lebowski). Didn't know they were called Tracker. I was thinking about Blacking them out, not sure.

Couple of questions:
1. Did you get new seat covers or they just in that good of shape? I didn't see any post about it, but I miss things all the time.

2. I noticed you got a "bottle opener". Is this an actual bottle opener for cold beers that can be installed on the LC or is that term I don't understand since I'm a newbie.

Last edited:
@Ellison - those are the original seats. They're in amazing shape! Also, I got an actual bottle opener from cruisercrap that I've attached to my rear bumper.

Last edited:
I was finally able to take a weekend to put Uncle Buck to the test! It did awesome! Other than coming home with a leaky water pump, the trip to the backcountry of Big Bend National Park was an amazing success. When I get some time, I'll post up a summary of what has been done to this point. I owe much thanks to the incredible resource of this forum and many of you on here. Gracias!! :clap::beer::beer:

2016-02-27%2009.42.50.jpg

2016-02-27%2019.41.29-1.jpg

2016-02-27%2018.33.30-2.jpg

2016-02-29%2015.22.03.jpg

Sure is, Jason! I've received lots of compliments on them. It's too bad you don't make armor for white Ford F150s. I could make you rich here in Midland! Lol!

Sure is, Jason! I've received lots of compliments on them. It's too bad you don't make armor for white Ford F150s. I could make you rich here in Midland! Lol!

I built my fair share for the oilfield crowd back in the day! My all time favorite was being asked by rig welders to build them a new bed for their trucks... MY RESPONSE... "REALLY"... and just walked away...

POSERS!!!

HEE HEE

Well it looks great. you did a awesome job with the choices for Uncle Buck.

Jason

Almost there... It won't be too much longer until Uncle Buck is ready to roll!
image_1.jpeg

I have never liked brown on a vehicle...but DAMN....this is just downright sexy. Top it off with Jason's front and rear armor.....man, I wish I'd seen his stuff a few years ago before I bought the ARB front. :bang: I'm sure Jason's tired of hearing me whine about this.

Great work you're doing on this rig...really love watching the transformation.

What a great thread! You've really put your sweat and tears into Uncle Buck and it shows!

Quick question: how difficult was the CruiserCrap console installation? I'm interested in upgrading but curious about the modifications needed for it to be able to fit my 62. Thanks!

Quick question: how difficult was the CruiserCrap console installation? I'm interested in upgrading but curious about the modifications needed for it to be able to fit my 62. Thanks!

It wasn't that bad. I used a piece of 1-1/2" square tubing in the back and 1" in the front. Other than a trip to the hardware store and a few holes to drill, it was pretty simple. Great quality product!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom