Hello... meet my new obsession! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice find! Looks like a really clean platform to start from.

Thanks all!:cheers:

Amazing. Welcome to mud. How did you find it?
Great looking 60.
Congrats.

How did you find it?
Thank you. After more than a year combing through nationwide Craigslist postings, I finally found what I was looking for. The guy that owned it didn't know what he had!
:cool:

Thank you. After more than a year combing through nationwide Craigslist postings, I finally found what I was looking for. The guy that owned it didn't know what he had! :cool:

I guess I'm gonna be rude and ask the question...

How much did you pay?:D

I guess I'm gonna be rude and ask the question...

How much did you pay?:D
I don't think that's a rude question... i gave $8K for it.
Actually, there's a funny story about how it got the name Uncle Buck and to add to the "cost". Well, I guess it's funny now, but not so much at the time. About 20 days before my wife and I drove across Texas to pick it up, we bought her a 2015 4Runner Trail. We were taking her new vehicle out of town for the first time, and it just happened to be during a nasty ice storm. We probably shouldn't have gone, but I was afraid of losing the opportunity to pick up this Cruiser. Priorities, right?!? :doh: Anyhow, we made it through the storm, and because of the delay it caused, we ended up driving through central Texas late at night. For those of you that haven't driven through the hill country at night... we have deer. Lots of deer. And... you guessed it... we nailed a nice big buck with my wife's brand new, didn't even have tags on it, vehicle. :bang: After that, my wife named it Buck and I had to add the Uncle part. So... I guess technically I should add the insurance deductible and body shop time to the "cost". Oh well... I got a Cruiser dammit! :flipoff2::beer:

We've all made that rash decision to drive against common sense at one point or other. It worked out ok in the end though, right? I think you got a good deal, considering the condition. I didn't pay much for mine, but I've spent close to your price on maintenance and upgrades. I still have to do paint and interior, which will push me well past that amount...

Great find and welcome to the addiction.

Your maintenance list looks very much like mine from 8 years ago when I bought mine (plus a knuckle rebuild and rebuilt rear axle).

Have fun!

Your maintenance list looks very much like mine from 8 years ago when I bought mine (plus a knuckle rebuild and rebuilt rear axle).
Knuckles are next on my list!!

Great looking 60. Welcome to the forum.

Knuckles are next on my list!!
Get your kit from Cruiser Outfitters or Georg at Valley Hybrid (Can-Am Cruisers guys) and make sure to get the Marlin seals instead of the normal Toyota seals. Well worth the little extra money.

Get your kit from Cruiser Outfitters or Georg at Valley Hybrid (Can-Am Cruisers guys) and make sure to get the Marlin seals instead of the normal Toyota seals. Well worth the little extra money.
Thanks, @gregnash! Will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom