Hello... meet my new obsession! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 6-7 months of creeping here on MUD, I’m finally introducing myself. My name is Brandon and I work as a Project Manager/Biologist for a large environmental consulting firm. Until recently, I was a Jeep fanatic and have a couple of CJ7 builds under my belt. In January of this year, I bought by first Cruiser (1984 FJ60, 2F), and immediately fell in love. Uncle Buck, has become my new obsession, and I’m sure it’s only going to get worse. Over the last few months, I’ve done quite a bit of basic maintenance to the vehicle that was long overdue. UB has 208K miles on it, and for the last 15 years, has sat in a barn in the panhandle of Texas, collecting dust. MUD has been an absolutely incredible resource of information and has likely saved me a fortune already. Through a combination of my own wrench-turning, and some from the local Toyota service shop, the list below is what I’ve accomplished thus far. I still have an endless laundry list of to-dos, but I’m hopeful that I’ll have it expedition-ready by next spring. Other than joining TLCA and creeping around on here, I haven’t gotten plugged into the community yet. However, from what I’ve seen here, I’m excited to do so. I look forward to meeting some of you at events around the country! Oh… and thanks for all the free advice! :beer::beer:

Items/maintenance completed to date: new antenna, new gas cap, new front grill, new gear shift knob, new light doors, fuel filter assembly, spark plug wires, spark plugs, cylinder head gasket, fuel filter, distributor cap, valve check and adjustment, compression test, oil pan gasket, oil filter, FIPG oil pan, rear main seal, new large capacity radiator, radiator hoses, water hose, by-pass hose, thermostat, water outlet gasket, air pump belt, P/S vane pump belt, comp drive belt, radiator cap, adjusted vacuum hoses, exhaust manifold insulator, EGR inlet gasket, manifold gasket, exhaust pipe gasket, carburetor insulator, intake gasket, exhaust pipe gasket, air rail nozzles, ported vac switch, battery box replacement, rear diff gasket, rear diff fluid service, transfer case gasket, transfer case fluid service, new clutch master and slave cylinders, and new braided steel brake lines.

a30edaf1-25ea-477a-a61e-ee8f237db959.jpg

2015-01-02%2010.07.41.jpg

2014-11-18%2010.39.43.jpg

2014-11-04%2009.23.11.jpg

2014-11-04%2009.25.55.jpg

Truck looks great. Engine compartment looks spiffy. Cad plating still nice and gold. Looks like you've done a lot of work on it so far. With your big list of finished projects, there's not all that much left.
Thanks for sharing

Congrats man! Looks super clean!
Thank you!

Truck looks great. Engine compartment looks spiffy. Cad plating still nice and gold. Looks like you've done a lot of work on it so far. With your big list of finished projects, there's not all that much left.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks! It runs like a top. Besides a dual knuckle rebuild, most of my additional to-dos are cosmetic and/or toys (ie. front and rear bumpers, roof rack, RTT, winch, snorkel, etc.).

Nice rig and welcome to the madness.

Looks good! Welcome to the madness.

Thanks, everyone!

B, Very clean rig and nice list of work. Getting a new rig to a solid baseline is key. Good for you to get that out of the way. Years of enjoyment left in this one.
Thank you, sir! I can't wait to get your bumpers and roof rack bolted on!

Awesome rig dude.. Looks like you have gotten a majority of the "major" needs taken care of so now on to the fun stuff!!
Thank you! And yes... definitely on to the fun stuff!

Sweet condition!! Get extra insurance on Unka Buck.
What are those wheels / tires?
Welcome to 'Cruiserphenia'

Sweet condition!! Get extra insurance on Unka Buck.
What are those wheels / tires?
Thanks! 15x10 American Eagles, with 33x12.50-15 crap rubber. I like the wheels, but the tires will come off soon. I'll be going with 33x12.50-15 BFG MT KM2s.

Thanks everyone!

Great looking 60! You got a great rig to begin with and that helps immensely, congratulations!

Oh, Sweet Ride!
Thumbs up for doing lots of the boring stuff first.
Now onto the fun part!

I guess you sold off all your jeepkeep jewelry to find this beauty?
:)

If not, don't bother, you'll be fully toy religious after wrenching and dining that beautiful 60.
It's like coke, addictive, boosts your life and expensive...
Bit who's counting?

Good luck!

Great looking rig man! I'm partial to poo brown myself, lol.
I wish mine were half as clean as yours though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom