hello everyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You understand that this is primarily a Land Cruiser site, right?
My first 4wd rig was a '67 Jeepster Commando. I rebuilt it from the ground up. Loved that thing. Then I got a FJ55. It was all over after that.

My suggestion, get over yourself and buy a damned 80. Or not.

:meh:

Last edited:
You say "bias" as if it's a bad thing. The track record is proven. The Land Cruiser is a superior machine. End of discussion. :flipoff2:

To hear some of the bias on this website is unbelievable. I ask for help with finding a land cruiser and say I have a jeep and the smack talk and looking down noses starts. Not everyone but what I'm getting off this website is that Toyota owners are mostly snobs and you aren't welcome unless you have one. You can say I wrong, some of you guys have been the whole time. Just read the posts. I like 4wds of all makes. It doesn't matter and i would never talk down or say someone's ride is junk like I received here. I like jeeps, I like cucv's I like HMMWVs , I like unimogs and pinzgauers, and I like land cruisers. Fords dodges and Chevy's. Anyone who can get out and lock in what ever they decide to drive has my respect.

Keep it to Land Cruisers and you will do fine. Go to any Mustang forum and start bragging about your Camaro and see what kind of love you get. Just sayin'

Keep it to Land Cruisers and you will do fine. Go to any Mustang forum and start bragging about your Camaro and see what kind of love you get. Just sayin'

Mustangs are crap. Just saying... :flipoff2:

whatcha need a 4x4 for anyways :hillbilly:

youtube says Crown Vic

I know they can go places - back in '89 I wheeled a Lincoln Continental on dirt roads and through a creek in Olympic National Park, WA - their weight helps :hillbilly:

My first 4wd rig was a '67 Jeepster Commando. I rebuilt it from the ground up. Loved that thing. Then I got a FJ55. It was all over after that.

No kidding? My first Jeep was a 1970 Jeepster Commando. I rebuilt it from the frame up after the fuel pump went out. I was in Graduate School at the time so it took me over three years to finish it. I loved the way the old Buick V6 sounded and the transmission was bullet proof. My 92 Cherokee had a reliable drive train too. I sure wish they made them like that still. I do love how the Land Cruiser is rock solid, comes with factory installed lockers and is simple enough for me to work on. I could have bought two Jeeps with what I have into my Land Cruiser now, but I much prefer having a vehicle that has been proven by the United Nations in third world countries. The UN folks in Guatemala schooled me well on what they can do with these vs. the alternative (Mitsubishi Montero) that some of them were offered.

There are loads of Crown Vics laying around that used to be cop cars. Should be able to pick one up on the cheap. Shocked that he was able to make it up without it being 3X locked!! HAHAHAHAHA

What do you mean get over myself? I said I was looking for a land cruiser and others here started talking down to me.

That's just it, I wasn't bragging when I mentioned I had a jeep and was looking for am 80. Next thing you know here come a couple of guys that started into jeeps are junk and lc's are the only thing worth owbeing and if you like something else you're an idiot...

I came across one this evening on Facebook for $3000 if you might be interested. It is a 1993 has 248.000 miles and all the normal leaks for that year.

******** added photos to April 16, 2015.
April 16 at 6:07pm
1993 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80: ARB front bumper, 10,000 LB Warn Winch, Kaymar Rear bumper with tire and jack carrier, Off Road lights, 3" suspension system, Factory E-Lockers on front and rear, 248089 miles, Custom Rock Sliders. It runs good. It had a front end service about 3 years ago. Steering knuckles have been greased every oil change. Does have a slight exhaust leak and some engine oil leaks from the valve cover gasket and distributor o-ring. No knocks and no blue smoke. Transmission diffs and Tcase serviced about 15000 miles ago. Distributor cap, rotor and spark plugs were replaced at the same time. It has leather seats in it, but driver seat has a tear in it. It is also missing one of the 3rd row jump seats. We have some misc interior bits to go along with it along with 2 matching BF Goodrich mud tires. Asking $3000 OBO

"}" data-reactid=".nb">Like · Comment

Dang, here today, gone less than 18 hours later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom