Harrop Supercharger for 21 LC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently ordered a Harrop supercharger for my 21 LC. It's currently crated up and sitting in my dining room as I can't seem to find a local shop willing or able to install. I am therefore considering doing it myself. I'm pretty mechanical, but not a mechanic. Has anyone out there undertaken this? If so please let me know your experiance. Cheers!

I have installed the Harrop kit in my ‘21 Heritage (and previously a Magnusson in an FJ). Ask away!
IMG_2242.jpeg

Edit- if you are in the SF Bay Area or close by I’m happy to help out!

I recently ordered a Harrop supercharger for my 21 LC. It's currently crated up and sitting in my dining room as I can't seem to find a local shop willing or able to install. I am therefore considering doing it myself. I'm pretty mechanical, but not a mechanic. Has anyone out there undertaken this? If so please let me know your experiance. Cheers!

Who have you reached out to? Your zip code says you're in Windsor, CO. Have you tried Slee in Golden?

Another is @Briano in Gunnison. It's a drive, but I know he does them.

Shouldn't be a terribly difficult if you're mechanically handy. But if you're not, make sure whoever does the install knows what they're doing.

Pretty certain Figs Engineering in Wheat Ridge would do it.

The only really difficult parts:
- You have to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump. It’s much easier if you run the truck down to where the fuel light comes on (<4 USG). I had two faulty pumps from Harrop so had to drop tank 3 times ffs.
- Lifting the charger into place is a two person job. I did it single handed and cracked my fan shroud with my arse (you can see repair above).
- Loosening the ac compressor bolts (or was it the alternator) through the wheel well.

Other than that, easier than the Magnusson install on the FJ, and better because it uses a single belt setup.

Last edited:
The only really difficult parts:
- You have to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump. It’s much easier if you run the truck down to where the fuel light comes on (<4 USG). I had two faulty pumps from Harrop so had to drop tank 3 times ffs.
- Lifting the charger into place is a two person job. I did it single handed and cracked my fan shroud with my arse (you can see repair above).
- Loosening the ac compressor bolts (or was it the alternator) through the wheel well.

Other than that, easier than the Magnusson install on the FJ, and better because it uses a single belt setup.
Appreciated, cheers

My dad recently had a harrop s/c installed on his 2020 Tundra, he's VERY happy with the result, a shop near him in New Braunfels TX did the install.

Wish they made one for my 80.....

Just to confirm....officially there is no aftermarket tune available for 2018+, but possibly a Korean tuner that requires sending in your (or a donor) ECU for a tune?

I personally would not run a SC without a tune.

Just to confirm....officially there is no aftermarket tune available for 2018+, but possibly a Korean tuner that requires sending in your (or a donor) ECU for a tune?

I personally would not run a SC without a tune.
This argument is absurd, i have run a supercharger on my 200 with zero issues and also installed about 10 more for customers with zero issues! Modified fuel pressure regulator, bigger fuel pump, and 7 pounds of boost and the stock ECU adapts with zero issues

It's "absurd" to prefer a tune designed for the timing and fuel requirements of forced induction? Over hoping an ECU designed from the ground up to attain values appropriate to natural aspiration can hit those values?

It's "absurd" to prefer a tune designed for the timing and fuel requirements of forced induction? Over hoping an ECU designed from the ground up to attain values appropriate to natural aspiration can hit those values?
It is not absurd to prefer…what you said. It is maybe churlish to ignore the test data that Harrop has generated showing that the stock ECU can support their stage 1 boost profile, and the many happy customers who have posted in this forum. And this same topic has been extensively litigated in every other thread on this topic….

One additional note, Harrop actually did the work to get a CARB EO for their stage 1 kit….the more you know :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom