Hard Top Replacement gaskets. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
So I'm contemplating putting my hardtop back on and I'm reminded of the rattling and banging noises when I hit bumps. The padding/gasket between the top and the body is compressed and falling apart. I'm wondering if there's a recommended generic replacement gasket from something else? Home Depot door seal gaskets?

Seems like the OEM seals I'm seeing are for the rain gutter, not the seal between the top and body.

Any advice appreciated.

When I had my 40 I replaced mine with one from Spector and it worked really nice. IIRC it was pretty reasonably priced but that was around 10 years ago.

For the NLA parts I used gaskets for putting on camper shells. NAPA had some decent quality stuff.

I got mine from Spector. It resolved many of the obnoxious squeaks.

I still have one in the passenger door... :bang:

They are all available from Toyota.

All of these:

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 8.29.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 8.28.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 8.28.12 PM.png

Not cheap, but available.

Toyotapartsblahblahblah.com can assist you.

Several years ago I bought the "kit" from CCOT. It is still sitting in my garage as there is no way I'm replacing the OEM seal with it.

It might be more costly, but in the long run you won't regret buying the OEM ones from Beno.

Last edited:
Garage door bottom seals worked well for a topper I had one time. They come in different sizes and shapes that may work with the ridge on the 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom