Harbor Freight Winches (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you really wanted it to work, you could open it up and wire it directly

Heads up the 12k is on sale for $299 again

^^^ what he said.

Just odered one online, you can add the 20% discount code too. After taxes and shipping my total was $264.98.
I tried the store and they would do the $299 price but would not accept the 20% off.

I just ordered the 12,000lb. winch online use the code below and get an extra 20% off. My total to my door was $265.50!!!! For a 12,000lb winch is crazy. You can add the 2yr warranty for an extra $30 in store, just take in your reciept for up to 30 days after purchase. The wireless remote is on back order.

Code: 22478559

I just bought the wireless remote (thanks again for the heads up) for $18 or so in my local store after using a 20% off coupon.

Kicking myself right now. The coupon code worked last night but the last page of the checkout would not load on my smart phone. I was just going to order it today since the sale last all weekend, but now the coupon code does not work. I guess Harbor Freight figured it out. Maybe next time.

Update: I used the 12k winch last weekend to pull myself out of a clay/mud hole up past my doors and it worked great... Last night it stopped working in the middle of respooling the line and I was left with 50ft or so of line to tie down to my roof so I could get home. The good news is that I took it in today and got a brand new one at no cost, no questions asked.

Update: I used the 12k winch last weekend to pull myself out of a clay/mud hole up past my doors and it worked great... Last night it stopped working in the middle of respooling the line and I was left with 50ft or so of line to tie down to my roof so I could get home. The good news is that I took it in today and got a brand new one at no cost, no questions asked.
As a fellow 12k Badlands owner, thanks for the update! I'm curious if the winch was submerged in water or mud in your clay/mud hole tug? Or any other details that might have contributed to the failure - like maybe the controller got dropped or submerged?

Glad it got you out!:cheers:

As a fellow 12k Badlands owner, thanks for the update! I'm curious if the winch was submerged in water or mud in your clay/mud hole tug? Or any other details that might have contributed to the failure - like maybe the controller got dropped or submerged?

Glad it got you out!:cheers:

It was damn near submerged. Weird thing is that the solenoid box never touched mud. I thought it might have been the controller so I pulled it apart and everything was clean inside. I rewired the whole thing trying to get it working again with no luck. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to the new one to make it a little more waterproof before installing it this time.

It was damn near submerged. Weird thing is that the solenoid box never touched mud. I thought it might have been the controller so I pulled it apart and everything was clean inside. I rewired the whole thing trying to get it working again with no luck. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to the new one to make it a little more waterproof before installing it this time.
Dunno. If your solenoid box and controller were dry, sounds like something inside the winch itself. Got any pics of the installed winch or of the winch after the mudhole? You might have just had a lemon, too.

Anyone know how well the Badlands 12K winch fits in a Slee BlueBerry bumper for a 100 series? I'm looking at getting one.

How much does it cost to replace the cable with synthetic? Where is the best source for synthetic cable?

Thanks

Shane, do you have any photos? Also, did you have to make any modifications to make it fit? I'm serioulsy considering one since I can't justify spending 3X the amount for a WARN.

Thanks for the info.

Photo's some place, I will dig them up.

No mods what so ever, Dropped in and bolted up.

I removed the cable and threw it away.

SanDiegoCruiser said:
How much does it cost to replace the cable with synthetic? Where is the best source for synthetic cable?

Thanks

Depends on the diameter and length of line, plus what type of accessories you want. Southeast Overland has a holiday sale going of 10% off any line and 15% off any fairlead. Prices for the least expensive line option that is commonly purchased (5/16" x 100' with a steel thimble) is $209 and then take 10% off that.

Prices for the least expensive line option that is commonly purchased (5/16" x 100' with a steel thimble) is $209 and then take 10% off that.

Link please.

Shane

Link please.

Shane

http://www.southeastoverland.com/in...duct_id=43&virtuemart_category_id=5&Itemid=33

There's a lot of options out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amsteel-Blue-Bulk-Reel-5-16-x-600-13-700-lbs-/370614543397

In my searching i just saw this, see post 15

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misc...rices-amsteel-blue-synthetic-winch-ropes.html

The Amsteel rep says "if it is garage kept and cleaned after each use I can see the rope lasting upwards of 4 years" about his 3/8 Amsteel winch line. I figured it would last longer than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom