Builds Good Ole Rusty (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, a bit far north for me but I'll let you know if I somehow get it.
I just drove 1000 miles in two days to get the picture and a couple of hundred is too far for you to go to score a sweet Cruiser? :flipoff2:

I just drove 1000 miles in two days to get the picture and a couple of hundred is too far for you to go to score a sweet Cruiser? :flipoff2:

Couple hundred is no big deal for me but the financial advisor and mother of my children would frown upon such tom-foolery especially because I already have a landcruiser! Did it have a for sale sign? (notice how even though I know it is unlikely I am still looking into it... Its a problem...)

No sign, just a lawn ornament, you could probably find one closer to home in better shape. I've see it sitting out in that field for many years, if it started out as and Oregon truck after that long in the salt air there won't be much left of the frame. There is probably more paint then steel in the body at this point. If you want another Cruiser look for a desert truck on CL.

It followed me home
DSCN3482_zpsn1ey1heq.jpg

Dan makes good stuff!

I was thinking about picking one of those up!
Can't wait to see yours!!

My life got a little complicated last weekend so we'll see how the schedule goes.
I was thinking about picking one of those up!
Can't wait to see yours!!
I'll give you a call and when I'm ready to install it.

My new saying. "The Lawn doesn't care." No matter what other s*** life throws me the grass keeps growing. In the grand scheme of things working on a toy that is pretty much for my sole enjoyment falls pretty low on the priority scale.

But, it'll always be there waiting when you do have time :)

Major progress,two coats of black appliance epoxy. Next week Who knows I may actually do something on the truck.

Finally got the rear motor mount bolts installed. Nothing picture worthy about that so here is my new window banner instead.

I confirmed over the weekend that the seal on the rear locker ARB is leaking a little. I was a confused because I replaced the seal in the rear about 5 or 6 years ago and didn't think it would fail that fast. Then I remembered I swapped the diff's out on Rubicon one year due to a pinion gear break. So this the OEM seal that has been in the truck for 25+ years. I don't get why people think air lockers have reliability issues. Every time I've seen a problem with an air locker on the trail it was because some Bubba screwed up either the electrical or the plumbing. My original front ARB switch wore out a few years ago on Dusey, that thing was cycled I don't know how many thousand times in it's 20 year life.

Well lookie here,

I knew I ordered two when the first one went out. Now if I could just find 6 hours or so to drop the locker out fix it and re-install.

All my gauges quit working for a while today then started working, well mostly, the speedo and oil pressure haven't worked in a couple of years. But the fuel gauge has never failed me before. And the amp gauge usually kinda tells me if the system is charging or discharging.

Did a test run with the 12V knock off fridge freezer on Sunday. Hot day plugged it in ran the temp down to 35* and left it running in the hot sun all day. It was frosty inside and the rig fired right up. No worries about a dead battery running it overnight in the Sierra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom