Builds Good Ole Rusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut a couple ft off and put a new eye on it..

Although, I would really just switch to rope. I hate wire cables on winches. Rope is sooo much nicer.

I got a contact high just watching that video. The dude obviously knew how to get to Humbolt Co from Ft Bragg.

The loop he made is called a hasty loop and isn't meant to be used with an eye thimble.

Last week on Rubicon I was looking at my buddies synth rope and after just a couple of seasons it looks sun damaged and abraded.

Plus I think I like the extra 500# of weight on my front bumper.:hillbilly:

This right here was a problem
20160904_115359_zpskvu58sg1.jpg

A 1 ton chain hoist was the solution
20160904_115543_zpsijswgbdd.jpg

Straight again.
20160904_120247_zpsaamqigu3.jpg

Other than the slight warp I did trying to fit the door to the bent body it's a nice fit.
20160904_122217_zpsqhwnmyh0.jpg

Trying to source replacement seat foams is on my list. $OR only offers seat bottom foam, and their $100 unit looks like something I would make in the garage.

I was hoping to find a source pre-made. If it comes down to it I will cut and glue together new seat forms.

It's more of a time issue for me, making the foam sounds like it would be interesting. I even picked up an electric carving knife at a garage sale just in case.
The whole process is just cutting blocks and gluing them together then using a block sander to get the final shape.

I sent the seats to a hot rod shop for recovering, $700 for the pair and the guy did an awesome job.

The winch line held up to some massive pulls this weekend on Fordyce. We had a truck break a transfer case on Winch hill 1 and spent two days getting it back to pavement. My battery may be toasted, frikken cheap ass Optima yellow top only lasted 10 years.

In other news I sheared off my front drive line bolts before the other truck blew the t-case. Someon had spares so I was okay. I have enough new rear driveline bolts to replace all the front bolts. However they are larger. Anyone drill out the yokes in the front DL to take the bigger bolts? I was going to try to do it on the rig with a Milwaukee 90° hole hog.

Drilling out is no big deal. I do it with a hand drill. you going from the 9mm to the 10mm bolts? And you are using the DL specific bolts as well correct? Not some 3/8" bolts? That extra long shoulder on DL bolts is a good thing.

Drilling out is no big deal. I do it with a hand drill. you going from the 9mm to the 10mm bolts? And you are using the DL specific bolts as well correct? Not some 3/8" bolts? That extra long shoulder on DL bolts is a good thing.
Yes they are the DL specific bolts, the forking 9mm bolts from Home Depot sheared off on Fordyce last weekend. I have enough 10mm I got from Onur to replace all the front bolts.
Should I drill to 10mm then ream to 10.5mm?

Drill/ream is best. But I just get close enough with a drill bit and call it good. The strength is in the clamping force, not the bolts themselves..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom