Builds Good Ole Rusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why is ambulance doors that important? I'd rather have a hatch..
I don't really care that much but the HT needs to work with the 75 front doors, I already have a set of half doors Chicago fabbed up for me, it's a lot easier to get a HT that works with the front doors than modify the doors to fit. If that makes any sense.

HT for a 72 will work with 75 front doors just fine. The door profile never changed.

That should open up your choices and options a bit.

So swap them. Or use the new doors.

I'm not seeing the issue..

So swap them. Or use the new doors.

I'm not seeing the issue..
So do you know where I can fine an older HT? I need to do something, the only thing I had in the glove box was a poncho and it was stolen the other night.

not off hand. But I have not been looking. I will..

Progress today, Dr Smash had time to work my tire carrier in.
This is the same guy that did the bumper/swingouts for my FJ60.
Beat the bejebsus out of that bumper. Can't wait to see the bumper he builds for Ol Rusty
DSCN2292.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

IMG_5379_zps1acawug6.jpg
Dr Smash sent this today to show how he was going to cut the cross member and patch it in. I liked the hillbilly, he said it was a subliminal message.

This guy is super creative and pretty much everything he does is a one off built specifically for you. I am so glad I didn't buy a production unit that would have looked like almost everything else out there.

I really like that swingout design as well. Basket to hold the tire up while you line up the lugs. That's a damn good idea.

Looks like there's a stopper on it too resting against the bumper in the closed position for additional support if it gets bumped. That would be a great place to mount the license plate or a something. It could act as a minor slider coming off big steps.

I really like that swingout design as well. Basket to hold the tire up while you line up the lugs. That's a damn good idea.
No lugs, a single spin on center nut, like a desert racer. The swing outs lock with one padlock and nothing can come out when they are closed. The center post on the tire extends far enough that even if someone removed the nut they couldn't get the tire past the post with the swing out locked.

Looks like there's a stopper on it too resting against the bumper in the closed position for additional support if it gets bumped. That would be a great place to mount the license plate or a something. It could act as a minor slider coming off big steps.
The licence plate will be mounted inside the spare. It is the OEM holder with light, Eric dug that I wanted to use that. There are a couple of HMW plastic pads that act as anti wiggle mounts. Similar to the system he used on my FJ60. The draw latch compresses the guides against the HMW plastic. The 60 set up never rattled.
Lots more pictures on his FB page
Dr Smash Designs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom