GA 55 left in woods for 20 yrs- 10/73 model (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good evening fellows. After a lengthy determination, I have decided to sell the project. I am interested in offers. I will be reasonable. I have spent $13k on parts, powder coating, primer, engine machine work, transmission work, spare parts, etc. I have not screwed anything up to where it could not go all original. Custom made front seat mounts with upholstered seats already. Anyway, I will post in the classifieds.

Well, never got around to selling the pig. I am about to move toward doing work on it again. Just saying hey. Been through 2 slow deaths in the family and a business purchase since I last worked on it. I am starting to feel the itch again.

How are the wondow gears working and door hinge rebuilds holding up?

No problems with my window gear since I swapped yours in. Can't say the same for my starter though:(. Glad you didn't sell yours. I'm enjoying mine, but I really got the itch to get started on the other one.

Well, never got around to selling the pig. I am about to move toward doing work on it again. Just saying hey. Been through 2 slow deaths in the family and a business purchase since I last worked on it. I am starting to feel the itch again.

How are the wondow gears working and door hinge rebuilds holding up?

Keep up the good fight!

I look at my pig and i long for the day that it will ruggedly slough through the woods acting like the beast that it is........

Update.
I sold my office a the shop behind it back in December. My buyer wanted the LC, so I threw it in as part of the deal. So, I am officially passing the torch. Thanks to all who supported me theough the process.

As a side note, I am still rebuilding hinges, and I have 1 gear left. If I had orders for 10, I could get 1 more batch made. So, far I have not had 1 complaint. $85 each, solid brass, i cludes shipping to the lower 48.

Also, I have 8 doors and a back seat that need to go. Most have glass and handles, cranks, etc. I will post in classified sometime after I photograph them.

So, far I have not had 1 complaint. $85 each, solid brass, i cludes shipping to the lower 48.

Not a complaint, just an observation. In order to use your gear an owner has to have the side of the gear machined out in order to fit the top cover plate or make a new plate. I never noticed it before, but they won't work how they are now.

IMG_3362.JPG

In the picture above, your gear in the top right with flat face. In the bottom left is the cover plate with the ridge around it. That ridge has to fit down in the gear face in order to work. I'm guessing nobody has used your gear yet or has come up with some other fix.

Not a complaint, just an observation. In order to use your gear an owner has to have the side of the gear machined out in order to fit the top cover plate or make a new plate. I never noticed it before, but they won't work how they are now.

View attachment 1409310

In the picture above, your gear in the top right with flat face. In the bottom left is the cover plate with the ridge around it. That ridge has to fit down in the gear face in order to work. I'm guessing nobody has used your gear yet or has come up with some other fix.

You are correct. I had to have mine machined in order to use it. Luckily my buddy has a lathe, so it only cost me a beer:).

Update.
I sold my office a the shop behind it back in December. My buyer wanted the LC, so I threw it in as part of the deal. So, I am officially passing the torch. Thanks to all who supported me theough the process.

As a side note, I am still rebuilding hinges, and I have 1 gear left. If I had orders for 10, I could get 1 more batch made. So, far I have not had 1 complaint. $85 each, solid brass, i cludes shipping to the lower 48.

Also, I have 8 doors and a back seat that need to go. Most have glass and handles, cranks, etc. I will post in classified sometime after I photograph them.

Holy cow, your Pig is gone?!? Wow...

Hope it went to a good home. Another cruiser in your future??

Update.

Do you still have? I need an outside door handle for the pass rear door on my '74...

Good morning fellows, after a 6 year hiatus. It seems I am back.

picked up a 96 model last week. with just 347k original mikes. ac blows cold, power sterring fluid running out on ground, inside smells like stale cig smoke and butt, but no dents, no rust, and apparently never been off road, new tires, new alternator, runs like a sewing machine. sadly not a triple locked version, but neither was my 55. ... not sure what the plan is yet.

20220129_153105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom