GA 55 left in woods for 20 yrs- 10/73 model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needing some help here.

Who has a carburetor linkage all set up correctly and functioning as it should that could shoot a photo of it and post it here? I am about to mount the carb and linkage. It has been a few months since I took it off, and I wasnt familiar with it that much then. I have all of the pieces in a zip lock bag and have an idea how they go. A photo or three would be greatly appreciated.

Well, we are back at putting the pig back together and getting it ready for paint. Today we got the tailgate on, and that was a real pain. No need in painting it beforehand, you will just screw it up. I almost cut the spring rod off. I went back with stainless hex head sheet metal screws on the spring cover. The phillips heads seem to rust out and become a pain. I also put new bushings in the hinges. I used Mcmaster Carr P/N 6659K12. It took three people to get the gate on there. Later today, we will put on the ignition coil and hook up some fuel lines. I hope to finish the t-case linkage today, also.

My helper ended up cutting my channel that holds the rear glass in place. Any chance someone out there have one that they do not need?

20140203_111041.jpg

20140203_111049.jpg

Needing some help here.

Who has a carburetor linkage all set up correctly and functioning as it should that could shoot a photo of it and post it here? I am about to mount the carb and linkage. It has been a few months since I took it off, and I wasnt familiar with it that much then. I have all of the pieces in a zip lock bag and have an idea how they go. A photo or three would be greatly appreciated.

I will get you a photo this evening. I just did the same thing on mine yesterday.

Needing some help here.

here is the factory linkage on a trollhole carb.

let me know if you need a more specific shot however think this will get you started.:lol:

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

Checking in with you guys. Today, we hooked up the linkage on the carb, started installing cables, fuel lines, etc. Tailgate is installed and functions as it should, excepting the rear glass, which is not installed. The seats are apart and getting re-covered, and we are steadily moving ahead with the assembly. I am checking in with Bob on the channel. I am sure that there are other parts missing in the tailgate, but I will source or improvise as needed.

What do you recommend on rubber for the tailgate, cargo windows, window scrapers, etc? I know slocruisers has a rubber kit that is worth more than my IRA, but I read that all of the tailgate rubber is not included, like scraper felt or inside channel or something like that.

20140205_131233.jpg

20140205_131308.jpg

20140205_131259.jpg

20140205_131327.jpg

20140205_131345.jpg

i purchased the slo-cruiser kit and it is nice. The felts and wipers cost $100 to do the whole care. I purchased enough to do all 5 windows. For me it was the easiest way to go and the quality of the rear window and cargo window seals is 2nd to none.

It is a lot of money but as my wife now says since owning the pig, its only money......

Pablo,

I'm hoping to reuse the clips off the old channel and spot weld them on to the new one. You all should get together and have Bob do a production run. Mine was nearly in pieces when I took it out. There must be a lot of mudders who are having the same issue.

seats

I got my seats back today. They look great! My upholstery guy did a decent job putting the Toyota stitch pattern on the buckets, and they would pass for OEM. I am inching my way toward a completion. I got my blower motor in, and I think it will work awesome. I am just havingcold sweats thinking about an instrument panel like JMack's.....I dont think I will be happy with the pig unless I can duplicate it...

20140225_120340.jpg

20140225_120402.jpg

20140225_120346.jpg

love the seats! They look GREAT!!

Looks to me like your doing awesome. Love the progress. The nice thing is that your getting things done, it might be slow, but progress is progress. Thats the one thing about my progress. I only get to really work on it about 3 times a year, So progress happens pretty quickly in spurts, much more frustrating i think then what your doing.

Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom